Attaching TAGG GPS to Vision Plus

Reaction score
I saw a couple different photos of locations that the Tagg GPS was attached to the Vision Plus but I am not sure how that was done. If you don't mind, would you give me some details. Thank you for all that contribute.

Don't remember where the thread was but one guy had it velcroed to the bottom (where the Phantom label is) with the gray ears curving upwards around the sides of the battery compartment. The other had it vertically mounted by the curved tabs to the rear of the landing gear. Not sure if he made slits in the tabs for zip-ties to pass through?

skycam said:
I saw a couple different photos of locations that the Tagg GPS was attached to the Vision Plus but I am not sure how that was done. If you don't mind, would you give me some details. Thank you for all that contribute.
I use the large rubber strap that comes with the tagg pet tracker...grab some pliers and stretcher it over the holder

I originally had mine mounted to the bottom just like this guy did:

file.php

For whatever reason, it had an impact on long range flights with the 2.4 signal, so I moved mine to this location:

file.php

I trimmed the tabs off the grey TAGG collar mount and then used industrial Velcro to attach the TAGG mount to the bird. After that, you can just use it like it was designed.

I appreciate all of your help. I just got my V+ back from DJI and when I test flew it, it had a mind of its own and flew into a wire and crashed. It is on its way back to DJI so I will have to wait to try your mounting method. Thanks for helping a newbie.

I put mine on the belly behind the camera:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15262&p=144721#p144721

I used double sided tape and stuck the collar mount to the underside then I can snap-on / snap-off the locator unit.
It has been there since May and I give it a test tug before every flight as part of my pre-flight. My Phantom has never flown without it.
I did replace the tape one time, upgraded to stronger tape just for piece of mind but it has never come loose.

Michigan_PI said:
I put mine on the belly behind the camera:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15262&p=144721#p144721

I used double sided tape and stuck the collar mount to the underside then I can snap-on / snap-off the locator unit.
It has been there since May and I give it a test tug before every flight as part of my pre-flight. My Phantom has never flown without it.
I did replace the tape one time, upgraded to stronger tape just for piece of mind but it has never come loose.
It may become loose in a crash. Happened to me

kxkraze said:
I originally had mine mounted to the bottom just like this guy did:

file.php

For whatever reason, it had an impact on long range flights with the 2.4 signal, so I moved mine to this location:

file.php

I trimmed the tabs off the grey TAGG collar mount and then used industrial Velcro to attach the TAGG mount to the bird. After that, you can just use it like it was designed.

I have to advise not cutting those "wings".

Those tabs house the GPS and cellular antenna. If they are damaged the tracker is useless. (personal experience...)

I learned that the hard way... As a result, I have a spare TAGG for parts. On the bright side, I bought 2 of them at Target on clearance a couple years ago for $25/ea

Not sure if you guys know this. But a new version of tagg pet tracker will be announced on the 11th [attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1415315701753.jpg[/attachment]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415315701753.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415315701753.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 316
Mine has been serving me well. plus I am grandfathered in at $7/mo
I usually leave it turned off when not flying so it lasts for quite a while. The accuracy is dead-on too.
It ain't broke so I won't fix it.
It will be interesting to see what they come out with and what kind of price the old units sell for after the release of 2.0

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20