Attaching a Trackimo?

EPS

Reaction score
What is the best/safest way to attach a Trackimo to the P3?

I attach mine onto the landing gear with a plastic zip tie.

What is the best/safest way to attach a Trackimo to the P3?
I attached mine on the right side on the camera guard plated with a zip tie

not a trackimo, but i wonder why no one else uses the battery for their tracker?

heres mine
MHDQf8t.jpg

C6sy8Uj.jpg

Last edited:
Here is how I have it mounted. I have ordered the gimbal-guard holder for it but it hasn't arrived. On making sure it is on, I always turn it on in the field and check the Trackimo app to make sure it is on and has found my position. That is a part of my pre flight checklist.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 402
I used a pcs of double sided Velcro strap on the top of one of the legs and just stick it on to that and also use a pcs of string from a set of prop guards for a tether to the landing skid just in case.

Hi there, I just purchased a holder for my Trackimo from gimbal guard.com. Can anyone out there help me with the installation? I have a Phantom 3 professional. It comes with 2 screws to attach to the landing gear. I have figured out where to attach holder on copter, however I'm wondering which side is best to avoid interference with GPS and/or Compass? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi there, I just purchased a holder for my Trackimo from gimbal guard.com. Can anyone out there help me with the installation? I have a Phantom 3 professional. It comes with 2 screws to attach to the landing gear. I have figured out where to attach holder on copter, however I'm wondering which side is best to avoid interference with GPS and/or Compass? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Post a picture of what you have.

I have mine with the SOS button facing outward. No issue ever.

Hi, thanks for the help. The holder slides around the piece that attaches to the legs. Is that normal? The piece that holds the Trackimo moves freely in the groove that attaches to the quad copter leg. It doesn't look normal to me. Is there anyway to keep it from sliding? Thanks guys

You sure you got the one for Trackimo and not the GPS holder? It is easy to order wrong. I don't have any play in attaching to legs and Trackimo fits snug. If you can send a picture, I'll look. Little hard to envision your problem.

Hi, it's the same one as described by bobmyers in his comment on 2015-09-07(1x Trackimo GPS Holder/mount for DJI Phantom 3 only!) Mine must be faulty as it slides freely in the groove of the pieces that attaches to the leg. Any suggestions? Thanks

Hi, it's the same one as described by bobmyers in his comment on 2015-09-07(1x Trackimo GPS Holder/mount for DJI Phantom 3 only!) Mine must be faulty as it slides freely in the groove of the pieces that attaches to the leg. Any suggestions? Thanks
Put a little spot of glue in the slot if it is sliding and center it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic