Attaching a Samsung Gear 360 to a Phantom 2

Reaction score
I posted this in photos and videos by accident, but just wondered if there is a standard camera mount on a Phantom 2 to attach the Samsung Gear 360 to?

360 camera attachment.jpg

Here's what I came up with...

Reactions: tacoman1423
I've tried a few methods..
The problem with 360 videos is the VR aspect. Viewing from a browser is ok, but in VR, you get motion sick easily if you are jolting around. The best VR is when the Gear 360 is still. This is impossible to achieve on a quad without stabilisation.

P3A with gimbal 1/4 tripod screw mount.
gear360.jpg

This is my P2Vision Plus.
And with a single roll horizon 1-axis gimbal for testing. The problem is the FOV as I can only use the front camera as its blocked by the roll motor. I have recalibrate it to the lower position but this throws out the stabilization due to the weight and pendulum effect. The further you are from the centre of the motor, the more power you need to lift and stabilise.
P2VPlusGear360c.JPG

I'm custom building a 2-axis gimbal with a bigger roll motor that can handle the Gear 360 to be hung below the legs with 360 FOV and 2 axis stabilisation.
My motors are the 2212 920kv on the P2 so I'm at almost max lifting capacity.

Below is a 3508 41KV motor that I will be using (lower KV the more power to lift). I need to fabricate some mounts first.
Turnigy%203508%20motor.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1