Attaching a Samsung Gear 360 to a Phantom 2

Just wondered if the Phantom 2 has a standard camera mount underneath it?

I am working on a gimbal to suit the Gear 360 on a P2V+ (ebay china is slowwwwww)...
I am also trying to find out if the test gimbal is able to handle 15.2 V (P3 batts are 4s). I was thinking of bolting another gimbal onto the P3's Gimbal protector.

Without the gimbal, many using VR headset will feel nauseated from abrupt movements.

But for now I've hooked the Gear 360 upside down on the gimbal protector using your standard camera tripod screw. This allows more FOV without having the legs obstructing.

20160510_221526.jpg

20160510_221705.jpg

You need to use raised boxes to take off and catch to land.
She flies fine but I'm pretty sure her flight times are have now decreased.
And you need to be very delicate as rocky movements will cause headaches in VR. This why a gimbal is required.
I don't own a flagship Samsung phone so I am limited with the PC software to edit.
I will upload some footage soon.

I am working on a gimbal to suit the Gear 360 on a P2V+ (ebay china is slowwwwww)...
I am also trying to find out if the test gimbal is able to handle 15.2 V (P3 batts are 4s). I was thinking of bolting another gimbal onto the P3's Gimbal protector.

Without the gimbal, many using VR headset will feel nauseated from abrupt movements.

But for now I've hooked the Gear 360 upside down on the gimbal protector using your standard camera tripod screw. This allows more FOV without having the legs obstructing.

20160510_221526.jpg

20160510_221705.jpg

You need to use raised boxes to take off and catch to land.
She flies fine but I'm pretty sure her flight times are have now decreased.
And you need to be very delicate as rocky movements will cause headaches in VR. This why a gimbal is required.
I don't own a flagship Samsung phone so I am limited with the PC software to edit.
I will upload some footage soon.

VERY COOL! Nice set up!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20