At what battery level do you land?

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have just started with the Phantom2 and a total newbie so I apologise if this has been asked...I did do a search but no joy...

I have only done 4 flights so far and think the Phantom is amazing, really enjoying it. The question is at what battery level do you normally come in and land? I was bringing the Phantom back to me and when it had 2 indicator lights I was landing and changing the battery. Is this too high? Is it 'safe' to go to lower level? How much time 'roughly' does a level light last? I am running the Phantom 2 with H£D gimbal and GoPro plus the IOS Mini and micro transmitter for video link.

Thanks all :)

Joe Batt said:
Hi All,
How much time 'roughly' does a level light last? I am running the Phantom 2 with H£D gimbal and GoPro plus the IOS Mini and micro transmitter for video link.

Thanks all :)

You've got a vTX and iOSD mini. Do you have anything to watch the output on?

Each light on the battery equates to approx. 25% of the battery power. You have alarms set on your transmitter as part of the assistant software. This is all explained in the manual.

Duration has a lot of variables but with your setup the average is approx. 12-18 minutes.

Bmews

Thanks for the reply, I was aware of the alarms but since Im new to this I didn't know if I should trust them and fly to the 1st alarm for example. If I did how much time does it give me to get back and land? I have a I have an RX CDA 5802 monitor attached to my Transmitter that shows me the voltage, but I have yet to get a feel of the levels that are healthy to fly to.

I am back on t he ground at 30%. I get around 15/16 minutes flight with the setup in my sig.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20