At a loss for words. Sry for the long post....

Reaction score
Let me just start out by saying Im not a noob, Ive RTFM, and this isnt my first rodeo....I guess its just my turn to get shafted....I purchased a P2V+ and the front left prop wasnt spinning right. I called the dealer and after "talking them into it" they paid for it to be shipped back...at first they wanted me to pay shipping...so I get RMA and ship it out. I watch online via fedex at its progress. I saw that it arrived to the dealer and received a message from them stating they had received it. I waited about a week and then called them to ask about the progress...they said that tech had it and it was there for a bad esc/motor according to the notes...duh thats what I told them when I called. The next thing I received was a tracking email several days later stating they were shipping it back. No email notifying me of what was wrong/repaired.

I just unboxed my bird to find the transmitter antenna bent in half, the gimbal support not fully seated and the camera dangling without support, red stickers on my bird not replaced or stuck down to the plastic, and no note letting me know if anything what was done. I called them and explained what I found and they are asking me to send them pics of the damage so they can contact FedEx so they can handle the situation? The box they shipped it in allowed movement of the factory phantom box by 2 inches left and right, the factory box is bent on one corner from bouncing around inside the box. I am completely pissed off over the situation and have no confidence in the bird....

but wait it gets better...I take it outside, power it up, calibrate, wait forever for it to get to 6 sats( when the first phantom got 10-12 constantly), start the motors and it still looks as though one is spinning slower, take off about 6 feet to check the orientation of the camera/gimbal...in the video I am 90degrees from the road and the road it completely flat...no hill...looks to me like the camera is off tilt slightly with the left side lower than the right...whats even worse is the **** thing got a home point (several green flashes) had 6 sats and with s1 up it drifts with the wind like its in atti mode...I even switched it to atti mode pushed it forward and it drifts...switch to GPS mode (S1 UP) pushed it forward and it still drifts...so after all that....please watch the video and let me know what you suggest? Refund? New Bird? Scream and Holler?

http://youtu.be/diSsX_SzN2k

Update!!! Anthony at USHOBBY.COM has gotten involved and it looks like things are going to work out...still waiting for the final result to get to me but will update as soon as it does...yall keep your fingers crossed and thank for your support.

full refund from dealer. Nothing less, buy from B&H. If not, lock and load.

I would want to start new or dispute with your credit card (assuming you used one). Most credit card companies wont mess around with them. You have enough documentation to make them replace it.

That bent antenna was not caused by Fedex. It was caused by someone stuffing it in the box wrong !

I would tell the dealer your plans and give them the opportunity to send a new replacement.

Unreal. :twisted: Sorry to hear about your problem. I would demand either a brand new bird or a full refund and purchase it elsewhere. It isn't difficult to get a Vision+ these days. I also agree you should out the dealer so we know to avoid them at all costs. Hope you get this squared away quickly. Make sure you take lots of clear photos in case you need to open a dispute with the credit card company or PayPal.

This is a copy of the email that I sent to USHOBBY.COM

Let me start out by saying I truly am a patient person that very rarely complains about anything. Having said that, I am completely unsatisfied with ushobby and the support they offered. Granted you could not have known that my phantom had a bad ESC/motor. When I called after unboxing to notify you of the issue I was first told I would have to pay to ship it back...only after a few moments of talking and having to check with a supervisor did the tech person on the phone agree to pay for shipping. Received RMA and shipped the bird back. I got an email from you letting me know you got my bird. That was the only communication from your company I ever received until I got an email with a tracking number sending my bird back. Upon opening the box I noticed that the front corner of the factory box was damaged (not the box it was shipped in). There is also 2.5 inches of play in the box it was shipped in for the factory box to jostle around. After opening the factory box I noticed that the antenna was bent, the camera gimbal support was dangling allowing the camera to move and be jerked around from Las Vegas to South Carolina, and the red stickers on the arms were not replaced and or parts of them missing. I bought a $1300 unit and do not expect it to look like this after it was "repaired" without having ever flown the thing. I called you and informed you of the two main issues (bent antenna/camera) and was told that it was FedEx's fault that you would have to contact them and get them to handle it...in the mean time I still have no phantom to fly and have invested $1300 and have nothing to show for it!!! I decided to see what else was wrong with the bird and took it outside to power it up, calibrate it and turn on the motors. It still appears that one motor isnt spinning as fast as the other three at idle. I launched and hovered at 6 feet. The camera has a slight tilt to it as is evident in the video link http://youtu.be/diSsX_SzN2k I have included. Note that I am 90 degrees to the highway and there is no hill to cause the road to be lower on the left side of the screen than the right. Also with both s1 and s2 in up position enabling gps the bird drifts as if it is in ATTI mode...I had 6 sats before take off and allowed it to set homepoint...regardless of what position 1 or 2 that S1 is in the bird drifts with the wind without a care in the world...I do not see how FEDEX can be to blame for these issues I am having unless they repackaged the bird and sent it to me in a box to big without any packing material to secure the factory box... I purchased this bird on 7/7/14 and have yet to fly it. I have absolutely zero confidence in this thing and cant see myself trusting that it will not continue to have issues, a flyaway, or fall from the sky like a rock!!! If you send me an RMA I will gladly send the bird back and would like a full refund. Please let me know at your earliest convenience how your company plans on handling this matter.

Here are the extra pics I sent along with the video http://youtu.be/y2-q1l4hgw8

And in case anyone missed it, it was....USHOBBY.COM going now to see if they have a facebook page...gotta love social media...

Yea USHobby seems to have a great reputation on here. NOT !

Good e-mail. I'd just add you've been off your meds and the voices are urging you to pay them a visit in person when your probation is up in 4 days. That's just me though :)

JWarren said:
Good e-mail. I'd just add you've been off your meds and the voices are urging you to pay them a visit in person when your probation is up in 4 days. That's just me though :)

+1...and they dont have a facebook page...maybe i should post similar in general topic forum.

Seriously, wait and see what they do. If they screw you, post their contact info. I'm sure myself and a few others would call and ask about this terrible service and we'll continue to pass the story around about their service. I hate idiots.

Aw man,
UNREAL! I thought child labor in America was BANNED?
I would be PISSED! I could have done a nicer job with a
Blow torch! I cannot even believe someone would think
That was ok to return to a customer, SERIOUSLY?

I do feel for you, and I hope this gets worked out QUICKLY!
That is why I do my own repairs! You cannot trust people to
Do a good job, when it is not THEIRS! Man this post has me HOT!
I just want to smack that tech right in his head, knock some common
Sense into him! Keep us informed! Good luck, my friend!

Take care, fly safe!

J Dot said:
Aw man,
UNREAL! I thought child labor in America was BANNED?
I would be PISSED! I could have done a nicer job with a
Blow torch! I cannot even believe someone would think
That was ok to return to a customer, SERIOUSLY?

I do feel for you, and I hope this gets worked out QUICKLY!
That is why I do my own repairs! You cannot trust people to
Do a good job, when it is not THEIRS! Man this post has me HOT!
I just want to smack that tech right in his head, knock some common
Sense into him! Keep us informed! Good luck, my friend!

Take care, fly safe!

Thanks J Dot...will do..

After having a phone conversation with ushobby (post email) they offered to send me a new sealed unit and an RMA # to ship this thing back. They apologized for there lack of service and said it wasn't usually that way and would make sure it didn't happen again. I will give them one more chance. Here's to hoping that this one will be perfect...if not it's full refund time.

Great news,
I'm glad they acknowledge you and your issue,
And stepped forward to try to make it right! That is
Pretty cool! OK they are off my sh_t list!

Keep us informed, I want to know if all goes good!

Take care, my friend,
Hopefully you'll be flying with us, SOON!

A+

Just wanted to update my issues...

Apparently, the word of one rep from USHOBBY.Com was turned over by the manager...not only did they never ship me a new bird...they never contacted me and waited for me to call them to find out what was going on. Here is the story...I called them and they apologized for not getting in touch with me. "Sarah" informed me that her manager would not let her ship me a new bird without getting mine first...needless to say I wasnt happy. She informed me that they were going to ship my bird back to me priority so it didnt take so long...I asked her to overnight it and she said she would have to talk to her manager and call me back in five minutes....I waited two hours and then called her back...she then informed me that the manager and the head tech left to go fly and assess the unit I shipped back to them and would recieve a phone call before they closed....at 15 till 5 their time "Mike" called me to inform me that my bird was perfect and the only issue it had was the compass wasnt calibrated...he said they calibrated it using the assistant software and that I should have done that. When I asked him if he ment the IMU calibration he said no the compass...I told him I wasnt happy and informed him of what sarah had agreed...he replied that she had no right to do that and that went against DJI policy....long story short...they replaced the controller...put on new stickers..."calibrated" the compass...ensured me the gimbal clamp would be on and are shipping my bird back GROUND!!! I will never deal with USHOBBY.COM again...complete shame that they are one of four supposed DJI repair centers and have shut low standards for themselves and the outlook of their customers...

I used B&H and when i had a problem they issued me an RMA, got my original bird, check it out and that same day they received it, send the new one back using the same shipping method that i originally had when ordering (which was one day) so i basically got the new bird the next day after they received it. Nothing but top notch customer service. I will make a note to cross off USHOBBY from any lists...!

Sorry to hear the way you were treated. Maybe your credit card company can help? Could you have some sort of purchase protection, in addition to the standard protections under federal law? Just a thought.

Did you receive the bird back again? If it's not right, keep fighting.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj