At a loss for ideas

Reaction score
Yesterday, with the rains and flying on hold, Steve drove down from Guerneville to help install a new "normal" lens on my GoPro camera in place of the horrid fisheye lens, whose only merit I can see is taking selfies. We did everything by the book, but apparently, the lens I have will not work with the model GoPro I have. As we approached critical focus, we ran out of threads on the barrel of the lens.

Stay tuned for Act Two

Act Two. Steve drove back from Gueneville this morning well before dawn. We loaded the Phantom 1 with his GoPro and I brought the Phantom Vision. The light at the site we chose to fly was incredible, traces of fog in the trees and the Russian River like a mirror. Steve got some wonderful video and stills I am sure he will share.

My P2V attained immediate GPS lock, strong WiFi for the camera and everything appeared normal...except the motors would not start. We tried everything we could think of and nothing cured the problem

Act Three:

We brought the Vision home, put it on the "Assistant" software, calibrated everything, even opened it up to check for a loose wire or unplugged connector. Did a re-bind on the transmitter, changed batteries, etc. Everything checks out fine...except the bloody motors on the Vision refuse to start I'm at wits end. Guess I will troll the boards of Phantom flyers for other ideas of what my be the problem. Such is life...

Any Ideas folks? I have been flying this Vision with absolutely no problems for more than 50 flights and with no crashes...

Geert said:
What colors do the back LED's have?
Do the colors on the back LED's change when you try to CSC?

Geert./.

I get Satellite lock with 6+ and straight blinking greens, but stick command does not initiate motor start. What do you mean by CSC

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20