Asus computer - Q551LN - capable for 4K editing? Typical specs required?

Reaction score
0eaa5c481deab998e5c2cb843eca586e.jpg

Sorry for a full thread on this question, I have a lucrative opportunity for a real estate video tomorrow, so I figured id as you experts, familiar, with computers and the P3 4k editing. I don't want to shoot 4k and then be stuck with slow editing and issues. I'm so ignorant when it comes to computer speed and specs for video editing, especially 4k. I've heard so much on here, I can't shoot 4k bc it's too laggy etc. I got this laptop for a steal for my wife months ago before I was into this, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend whether or not I shoot my videos in 4k and render to 1080 or is it better to shoot in 1080 bc this laptop can't handle it? I'm going to be using the DaVinci software, maybe change to premiere pro if that's worth the crazy cost? Looking to do some slight color editing as I'm now using ND Filters and shooting manual I'll have a sample video here shortly. Any specs to look for as far as standard needs for 4k? Hope this one works because I can't get another one anytime soon.

I really appreciate everyone's help on all this and glad to have found this place with so many knowledgeable people.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks! So I don't know what that link tells me, but I assume it means it's just fast enough. Thanks! Yes, true on real-estate.. I did this one property on my P2 last summer for a friend's friend after he randomly saw one of my golf course pictures..turned out it spread around town and I eventually found out it was owned by a nascar driver, since then every few weeks I get a random request via email for some shots and now that I have a P3 I wanna take them to the next level. Thanks again.
Thanks! So I don't know what that linked pages tells me exactly hah, but I assume it means it's just fast enough. Thanks! Yes, true on real-estate.. I did this one property on my P2 last summer for a friend's friend after he randomly saw one of my golf course pictures..turned out it spread around town and I eventually found out it was owned by a nascar driver, since then every few weeks I get a random request via email for some shots and now that I have a P3 I wanna take them to the next level with some short and simple videos of the average..

What do you usually charge for say, 5-10 solid edited aerial photos for a $400k + house? I literally have been charging next to nothing just for fun, like 100-200.. Tomorrow I'm thinking 150 for photos and 200 for a short, tasteful video..? Never know what to say.
uploadfromtaptalk1436653554533.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1436653568659.jpg

Thanks! So I don't know what that link tells me, but I assume it means it's just fast enough. Thanks! Yes, true on real-estate.. I did this one property on my P2 last summer for a friend's friend after he randomly saw one of my golf course pictures..turned out it spread around town and I eventually found out it was owned by a nascar driver, since then every few weeks I get a random request via email for some shots and now that I have a P3 I wanna take them to the next level. Thanks again.

Thanks! So I don't know what that linked pages tells me exactly hah, but I assume it means it's just fast enough. Thanks! Yes, true on real-estate.. I did this one property on my P2 last summer for a friend's friend after he randomly saw one of my golf course pictures..turned out it spread around town and I eventually found out it was owned by a nascar driver, since then every few weeks I get a random request via email for some shots and now that I have a P3 I wanna take them to the next level with some short and simple videos of the average..

What do you usually charge for say, 5-10 solid edited aerial photos for a $400k + house? I literally have been charging next to nothing just for fun, like 100-200.. Tomorrow I'm thinking 150 for photos and 200 for a short, tasteful video..? Never know what to say. View attachment 24588View attachment 24589

I charge per day or half day. Half day for $400, full day at $700 with editing included. Friends are different, they can donate whatever they feel it's worth but they work on my schedule.

Reactions: YolevonALLin
If it's a For Sale By Owner property $150 - $200 for photos and a 30 econd video will guarantee work. Real Estate Agents are different. Since they stand to make $40,000+ when it sells you could charge them $300-$500 for a one time thing. If you can get an agreement with them where you are doing 10 properties a week then nothing wrong with $1500 / week. Commercial properties, $1000.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj