Assistant Software - window is tiny

Reaction score
45.141598 -92.631683 Somewhere on the Apple River
I haven't flown my Phantom 2 for a few months. Between weather and work I just haven't been able to get it out. I put it away, in the case with the batteries fully charged. That's before I knew it was not a good idea to do that. I decided to do a couple of short flights to bring the batteries down to about 60%. About 30 degrees out and kinda windy, but not too bad. As usual, the P2 flew like a dream, but it was complaining about the wind gusts - you could hear it working.
After bringing the batteries down 60%, I decided to bring it in and load the firmware update. Since I had gotten a new laptop recently, I had to download and install all of the drivers, etc.
No problem, but when I went to run the Assistant Software the window came up very small, about two inches square. Inside, the type was run together and unreadable. I tried different resolutions on the screen but no good. I also tried changing the type sizes in control panel. Still no joy.
Windows 8.1 has a widget called Magnifier so I was able to get the update done.
The laptop screen is shown in the attachment.
Any ideas? The Assistant application's window is not able to be adjusted. Unbelievably sloppy developers if you ask me...

Attachments

• AssistantWindow.png
    AssistantWindow.png
    900.8 KB · Views: 679
I have the same problem with my ultra PC with a QHD display. No solutions found.

When the asst software was written there wasn't a widows 8 and someone at DJI hasn't bothered to fix the way W8 handles the script for the asst,

Use a virtual PC running XP or W7 as a work round.

crash1sttime said:
When the asst software was written there wasn't a widows 8 and someone at DJI hasn't bothered to fix the way W8 handles the script for the asst,

Use a virtual PC running XP or W7 as a work round.

It's not a Windows 8 isssue, it's a scaling issue that DJI would need to correct. Basically DJI sets the size of the window based on lower resolution screens. This becomes an issue when you attempt to view it at higher resolution. Many developers are having to correct for this. Most have but I'm betting DJI is slow to the party in getting their software corrected.

I have the same issue on a "3K" screen.

Send an email to DJI. I am going to do the same.

Can you hit the control tab & + tab at the same time?

Larry L said:
Can you hit the control tab & + tab at the same time?

I does not do anything as the software is designed to be a certain size. That is, at max size the windows and text are a certain size. If a develper were to make text 100 pixels tall it might look fine on a 1080 screen at 1/4" tall. But display that on a 640 screen and the text is huge. Developers have been designing for 1080 or so. But that 1/4" text than displayed on 3200 looks stupidly small. What they now need to do is throw out the consideration for 640 (or around there) and develop for around 1080 and 3k - 4k. These are becoming the norm.

So your still at the mercy of DJI.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20