Assistant 3.0 automaticaly upgraded firmware v3.0

Reaction score
I installed the P2 Assistant 3.0 on my PC. When I opened it while attached to my P2Z, it automatically installed the v3.0 firmware upgrade. I was not happy about not being given the choice to upgrade. But then, let's see what happens. I went through calibrations on P2A 3.0 on both the P2Z and controller. I have not had a chance to fly my P2Z but I was playing around on the bench and noticed the 2D gimbal did not respond to the controller slider. I have not seen anything here describing this issue. The GoPro was on and I did not have the USB connected to my PC. I decided to downgrade back to v2.0 but I still have this problem. Any ideas on what I did to screw this thing up?

So far it's working fine. Does it not do anything at all? Don't think it may affect gimbal, but did you do advanced calibration in assistant software? Also, maybe calibrate the X1 channel for the tilt?

I did advanced calibration in both 3.0 and then 2.0. I kept getting a warning about the temperature being too high and turn off the unit and wait 5 minutes. But the calibration crawler seemed to continue. And then the IMU status said calibration not needed. How do you calibrate the X1 channel?

Think it's under the RC menu tab in the assistant software. Over at the right it'll say X1 Calibration. Click start and then move your tilt control on the back of your radio slowly from one end to the next a few times. It'll calibrate your tilt control for gimbal. Then just hit stop. It still may not explain why your gimbal isn't functioning at all. So it wont even power up? Everything is up to date as far as you know?

RickD said:
I installed the P2 Assistant 3.0 on my PC. When I opened it while attached to my P2Z, it automatically installed the v3.0 firmware upgrade. I was not happy about not being given the choice to upgrade. But then, let's see what happens. I went through calibrations on P2A 3.0 on both the P2Z and controller. I have not had a chance to fly my P2Z but I was playing around on the bench and noticed the 2D gimbal did not respond to the controller slider. I have not seen anything here describing this issue. The GoPro was on and I did not have the USB connected to my PC. I decided to downgrade back to v2.0 but I still have this problem. Any ideas on what I did to screw this thing up?

First calibrate on RC assistant.

Second step calibrate on Phantom assistant.

Is possible that you not updated the RC firmware. So do it if not. Is not enough to update just Phantom.

I use 3.0 and work perfect for me.

I re-updated to v3.0 and calibrated per a post by MrC on the Zin 2D page. Everything seems to work fine now as far as the gimbal is concerned. I was also able to do the IMU calibration without the temp warning. I have not been able to fly yet with v3.0 due to WX but the gimbal works, I'm getting some GPS birds and the FPV seems to be giving correct data for being on the bench. We'll see.... Thanks to all who chimed in!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4