Ascending ISSUE after crash / HELP / wobble slow vertical

L

lightingbryan

I tested everything and did an advanced calibration, campus Cali, and controller Cali. The Phantom makes it through all of its checks and flies near normal. I know the Phantoms blade hit the cable and broke the blade. Then when hitting the ground it hit the opposite blade (both silver) and broke it. The issue I am seeing is that throttling up is slow and it wobbles pretty hard and near loses its balance. My Phantom specs are below along with the video (ignore the first part of the video as I don't have time to make it purdy lol. Please let me know what to check. The motors feel fine and respond normally to other commands (but I realize it could be the motors, but how do I find out?)

[youtube]
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Ascending ISSUE after crash / HELP / wobble slow vertica

Check to make sure you didn't bend one of the arms. A bent arm or possible motor rubbing lightly against housing is what I would start looking at (provided all your #s are correct) Also another thing to look at - bring your Phantom up to hover at eye level and look at the blades - they should be level with one another. If you bent an arm or a motor mount you'll obviously see it one or more blades will be at an angle to the rest.

Great info! I will check tomorrow! If not that what else should I look for at the same time?

EMCSQUAR said:
Check to make sure you didn't bend one of the arms. A bent arm or possible motor rubbing lightly against housing is what I would start looking at (provided all your #s are correct) Also another thing to look at - bring your Phantom up to hover at eye level and look at the blades - they should be level with one another. If you bent an arm or a motor mount you'll obviously see it one or more blades will be at an angle to the rest.

***UPDATE***
THE FOLLOWING IS NOT CORRECT:
Thank you Thank you! So I can see that one of the motors is SLIGHTLY leaning to one side. So this must be a bent motor mount? Currently Googling a solution. Any suggestions? Is it better to replace it or can it be bent back in shape?

You can try bending it back but it's a long shot, if it's really slight you can put in thin washer below motor to level it or you can always replace the shell, they're like $60 and it's not difficult to do.

So last night I thought one of the motor mounts was bent. Turns out it was just the arm screw needed to be tightened and it appeared crooked. When in reality it was not. So I am back to square one. I flew today and I could not see any blade that was tilted. But I did notice that on a full battery there was no issue. But as the battery starts to decline the issue gets worse and worse. At 20% it is almost at a 80 degree angle wobble. So what would cause the issue to appear as the motors get weaker? Is one of the motors taking more energy to turn now? Please help! Thanks!

Anyone? Help?

Feeling a little lonely

Have you checked each motor carefully to see if they are all clear of debris and are spinning freely ?

Power up the Phantom (outside) and arm the motors so they spin before take off.. then disarm the motors and note if one of them comes to a stop before the others... that may indicate the problem motor.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic