Article on lost drones

Nice article. I too like to fly over water and I am thinking, has anyone ever thought about spraying the guts of the phantom with "never wet"? I have seen YouTube videos of spraying iphones with it and they still work under water, so why not protect the circuitry of the phantom with it? Anyone ever try it?

tartan23455 said:
Nice article. I too like to fly over water and I am thinking, has anyone ever thought about spraying the guts of the phantom with "never wet"? I have seen YouTube videos of spraying iphones with it and they still work under water, so why not protect the circuitry of the phantom with it? Anyone ever try it?

I know a few people have considered it. One thing I would take in to consideration is the thermal conducting properties of the product. Would it dissipate the heat well enough to avoid damaging the electronics? Another possible workaround to that is to bond certain components to a heat sink before spraying everything else. I may try it once I get my spare quad.

tartan23455 said:

That could work ... if its recoverable :D To help with recovering it over work, I was thinking either floaties or maybe something cool that would auto inflate when it hits water. Just like those alert systems on big ships, when they hit water they deploy a buoy and float to the top.

jengo said:
tartan23455 said:

That could work ... if its recoverable :D To help with recovering it over work, I was thinking either floaties or maybe something cool that would auto inflate when it hits water. Just like those alert systems on big ships, when they hit water they deploy a buoy and float to the top.

They make a recoverable float for fishing rods. I have one that I got in a goodie bag at a tourney I fished. Now I just need to find it. It pops up a float once it's submerged with a line strong enough to lift up your rod & reel. An added plus is it's very small and light.

tartan23455 said:
jengo said:
tartan23455 said:

They make a recoverable float for fishing rods. I have one that I got in a goodie bag at a tourney I fished. Now I just need to find it. It pops up a float once it's submerged with a line strong enough to lift up your rod & reel. An added plus is it's very small and light.

You may want to watch this if you're considering those self-inflating floats.
Phantoms are known to sink FAST.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ_UG7IxIJM

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav