Arrow showing drone direction is gone

Reaction score
When I bought my P4 last January, it was my first DJI drone and I was and still am impressed by it. I thought it was so cool that there was a map in the lower left display on my mobile device with an arrow that displayed the drones direction. A couple months ago I went out to fly and that map in the lower left is empty. I can see my drone when it's pretty far Away, but can't tell what direction it's pointing. Using the map, I was able to tell, rotate it back towards me and bring it back. How do I get it to display that arrow again? What I have to do now is move the drone, see if it's getting closer or moving further away. I still have the hight and distance it has traveled from the home spot.

TIA,
Don

You could try deleting, then reinstalling the go app. The problem there will be you’ll end up with the latest version. Some may not be happy with that.
More info may help to figure it out. Are there other parts missing, or just that?

None of the map is showing. It does pop up a message that something needs to be updated, but it goes away before I have a chanyto read it. I have a photo shoot tomorrow. I'm charging the batteries. I will see if I can get the message and share it. I'm reluctant to up date firm ware. Ive read too many night mare stories.

When I bought my P4 last January, it was my first DJI drone and I was and still am impressed by it. I thought it was so cool that there was a map in the lower left display on my mobile device with an arrow that displayed the drones direction. A couple months ago I went out to fly and that map in the lower left is empty.
What are you seeing? What's not there now?
Is the red paper plane icon visible?
I can see my drone when it's pretty far Away, but can't tell what direction it's pointing. Using the map, I was able to tell, rotate it back towards me and bring it back. How do I get it to display that arrow again? What I have to do now is move the drone, see if it's getting closer or moving further away.
I generally find the radar display is much more useful than the map for this anyway.

What I have is a little white rectangle. On the upper right is what looks like a rwtucle from a scope. When I press it, the rectangle goes away and I have a circle with a triangle in the middle. When I move my drone I can see that it works kind if like an artificial horizon in an airplane. I like it! I will try that on my flight tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

Oh that's message that pops up is "Precise Fly Safe Database Update" To prevent my drone from updating, I don't turn on data on my mobile device. Not sure how it figured out that an update was available.

Thanks for your help! I've still got a LOT to learn about my P4.

Don

Make sure on your phone that you have the auto update turned off. The flysafe data message should also give you an option to “ignore”. Some updates work fine and others may present some issues. Always better to wait until others have found all the bad fairies before infecting your hardware.

Thanks! I have been choosing ignore. I'll have to look for the setting to stop updates. I fixed computers for 18 years. Updates screwed up more stuff on computers, printers and servers. Just day no to updates! LOL

If you have the radar display with a blue horizon and a symbol of the craft inside it, then there should be a smal x rectangle in the upper right corner. Just tap it anf you get the map. You can toggle between.

The radar screen works fine. I think it's an artificial horizon instead if a radar. When I switch back to the other screen, it is blank. It is just a white rectangle. I'm okay with using the AH screen.. just wish I knew what happened and how to fix the map.

The radar screen works fine. I think it's an artificial horizon instead if a radar. When I switch back to the other screen, it is blank. It is just a white rectangle. I'm okay with using the AH screen.. just wish I knew what happened and how to fix the map.
Could it be that you may have over zoomed in on the map and just need to zoom out to see the arrow and route home? That happened to me once and all I could see was the 'white screen'.
The map works fine without wifi or any mobile data connection.
Good Luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20