Arris CM2000 Yaw Problem

Reaction score
I have the CM2000 which I just purchased. I am having one problem. Depending on the direction the phantom is pointing, the horizontal angle changes consistently. For example, when I calibrated it, it was perfectly level. Now to test how level it flies, I hold the powered DJI Phantom and it is great, level. But now, as I rotate its direction that it is pointing, (it is not flying I am just holding the powered phantom in my hands.) it starts to tilt even though I am perfectly level. The horizon angle changes as I yaw. When I am at 180 degree rotation it is at its worst angle, but as I comes back to the original direction, it comes back to neutral angle. So If I were flying 180 degrees in the opposite direction from best calibration by compass, the angle would be off by about 20 degrees. But once back in the original flight direction, it will be perfect. What has to be tweaked in the menu to stop the yaw direction from changing the horizontal level?

i have the version 2.1 software (gui)

Open the GUI software select your com port and click "READ".
Look for the "Remote parameter" section and the "Pitch" line.To the right of that section there are two square check boxes.They are grey,if you click on the box it will turn white.
You need to click on the box in the PITCH line to make the gimbal stay where you want it to be,as tuned with the 7th channel.
You may need to click on "WRITE" for the command to take effect.

The pitch is fine. Thanks for that info though, it is something I will not. It is the horizon that tilts as I turn the copter. in other words the horizon doesn't stay level, the right side goes up as I turn in one direction, even when I stop tuning it stays tilted, when I turn back, it levels out. The Pitch stays level

xstatic said:
The pitch is fine. Thanks for that info though, it is something I will not. It is the horizon that tilts as I turn the copter. in other words the horizon doesn't stay level, the right side goes up as I turn in one direction, even when I stop tuning it stays tilted, when I turn back, it levels out. The Pitch stays level

this is a problem that some Arris gimbal owners have had.
(curious, but which controller board did you get with your Arris, the one with the Micro USB plug, or one that has Mini-USB.
I previously had the Mini USB one, which had the big capacitors, but then broke it and got the board that has the Micro USB and no capacitors,. and have noticed i get the Roll-on-Yaw effect as well sometimes.
but I kinda correct it sometimes with my manual roll tweak using my T8J.

I think the key is to start up with gimba as absolutely level as possible.

I went back to the original phantom software and did a recalibration of the imu, and now the roll with yaw disappeared! I thought it was a problem with the gimbal, but t was a simple tweak. with the copter! Took lots of hours to figure tha t one out.

I hvae now got the same problem as you had xstatic. I'm still running 3.12 firmware and do not want to upgrade. What exactly did you do to solve it please. Thanks

The fix was simple.
In the Arris software click on calibrate ACC.
When you do this make sure there camera is absolutely level. I used my ipad with the gyro app, which measure how level a surface is. I put this on a bread board, level it with business cards underneat and have a .1 to 0 level surface, which is really flat. I then removed the ipad, as it has magnetic interference and put the phantom on the board, with a couple of business cards wedged under the camera so it couldn't move. I placed a level bubble, from the $1 store on top of the camera to make sure the camera was sitting level on a level surface. Plugged in the usb, ran cal acc. and it calibrated fine. But that is not enough. Rotate the phantom 90 degrees and do again, do this for all the right angles, 90, 180, 270, and 0 (In othere words the phantom will point N, E, S W , hence the yaw direction. then I did a couple of the 45 degrees, now when it rotates, there is no yaw.
Takes all but 5 minutes.

I've been meaning to do that again as well (Calib ACC)

not in the NAZA, but in the Arris GUI software

here's what they say in the SimpleBGC manual, which is kind of the same software as the Arris
http://aerialpixels.com/downloads/Simpl ... _2_eng.pdf

download and scroll down and read the part about Calib.ACC and look at the pic

"Advanced mode (recommended): perform calibration in simple mode as above. Then turn sensor in order that each side of sensor looks up (6 positions at all, including base one). Fix the sensor in each position, press CALIB.ACC button in the GUI, and wait about 3-4 seconds, while LED if flashing. The order does not matter, but the base position always goes first (because the simple calibration cancels a result of advanced calibration). You have not to press WRITE button, calibration data is written automatically after each step.
NOTE: Precise accelerometer calibration is a very important for horizon holding during dynamic flying or YAW rotation. "

I have already subscribed to that link. it is quite helpful!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik