Argtek

Reaction score
Hello pilots. Just installed argtek mod on my standard and I am having range issues. Only getting about 300 ft in horizontal distance before remote signal lost warning and failsafe rth kicks in. Video is good always. I've checked the connections 3 times. Calibrated the remote calibrated the IMU and reinstalled the DJI app. Am I missing something? Could I have to much hot glue? Thanks for any help.

Sent from my SM-T320 using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you're sure you did everything perfectly, and you're sure there is nothing wrong with the antenna, then it must be a bad cable.

The first 1 I bought had a bad 5.8 cable end. Your gonna have to inspect it w/ a mag glass. Post a pic

Yes I think it is the cable end. Either it is defective or deformed slightly by my installation. Seems like a cheap kind of connection. They are a pain in the rear for me to install. I was thinking of splicing one of the original connectors on to the argtek wire but I know I won't get an exchange if I do that. Not sure if I feel like dealing with the exchange process. Thanks guys for the help.

It is probably the firmware, I just put same kid in standard and it didn't help at all... I am getting 900 ft in open area (beach south shore of LI) and 300-500ft in residential area (houses and trees etc.)

Spliced one of the original connectors into the antenna wire and seems to have fixed the problem. To windy to do a full flight test today maybe tomorrow. Happy 4th everyone.

Im having the same problem with mine thinking of just going back to stock antennas my farthest was 5200 feet stock now lucky to get 1000'

5200 feet on a standard is just crazy out of the box... Was that after firmware upgrade too?? I can't believe the deviation on the standards, some people get 5k and other 500... Order of magnitude difference!!

Yes I think it is the cable end. Either it is defective or deformed slightly by my installation. Seems like a cheap kind of connection. They are a pain in the rear for me to install. I was thinking of splicing one of the original connectors on to the argtek wire but I know I won't get an exchange if I do that. Not sure if I feel like dealing with the exchange process. Thanks guys for the help.

For me it was a simple email and I had the new 1 in 2 days. I would not splice

in any way ARGtek GM5 antenna kit price is to high for such small upgrade. and it looks terrible on controller. i have already back to stock.

Im having the same problem with mine thinking of just going back to stock antennas my farthest was 5200 feet stock now lucky to get 1000'

I had the same problem, getting 3500 to 4000' on stock but only reached around 1700' on the ARGtek. So I took the RC cover back off, removed the hot glue from the connections and found that I did not connect the 5.8ghz connector correctly. I remembered that it did not "click" the first time I installed it so this time I definitely heard the "click", now Im getting (so far) 10718' with the ARGtek range extender.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
)

Reactions: Argoxp
See"Amazing Range with Stock P3S" in this thread.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had the same problem, getting 3500 to 4000' on stock but only reached around 1700' on the ARGtek. So I took the RC cover back off, removed the hot glue from the connections and found that I did not connect the 5.8ghz connector correctly. I remembered that it did not "click" the first time I installed it so this time I definitely heard the "click", now Im getting (so far) 10718' with the ARGtek range extender.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
)
Good job! U also had a rare bird right out of the box. That seems to be the summary (bad connections).

Reactions: w5ttx
Good job! U also had a rare bird right out of the box. That seems to be the summary (bad connections).

Yeah, can't wait to get back out there. The place is out in the country with no wifi and very little power lines and on top of a hill. LOS goes forever. I was nervous that flight and didn't try to go further. Maybe I'll try a little harder next time.

Yeah, can't wait to get back out there. The place is out in the country with no wifi and very little power lines and on top of a hill. LOS goes forever. I was nervous that flight and didn't try to go further. Maybe I'll try a little harder next time.
If u haven't allready, make a pre flight checklist and use it EVERY time. Its makes the the butterflies go away

Last edited:
I did a second test last night with the Argtek (from Amazon). The first test didn't show good distance but the area I was in may have been to blame, and I think I got lost behind trees and buildings.

Last night I have a pretty open area and got out to 5134 feet before RTH. I likely could have gotten a wee bit further since I don't think I was quite pointed in the right direction/had the antennae not angled right.

That said it was basically straight away at 380 feet up. I have to say it was by far the furthest and highest I have gone (ooops, went p to 440 at one point) since I have owned Swarm. It was a little nervous but in the end it was good. Got nice shots of the area too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic