ARGTEK range max at 3600ft?

Reaction score
Stock antenna allowed me to go 3300ft distance; after installation of ARGTEK, I got to 3600ft using the flat panel. I have made sure all 2.4 and 5.7 ghz connections were secure before finishing the installation. Don't know what could have gone wrong because other ARGTEK users usually get about 7000ft by using the panel. I am wondering if I have installed everything correctly. Please share your thoughts.

Stock antenna allowed me to go 3300ft distance; after installation of ARGTEK, I got to 3600ft using the flat panel. I have made sure all 2.4 and 5.7 ghz connections were secure before finishing the installation. Don't know what could have gone wrong because other ARGTEK users usually get about 7000ft by using the panel. I am wondering if I have installed everything correctly. Please share your thoughts.
You should definatly be able to go further, I got over 10,000ft twice with both,the 10dbi omni and the 7dbi panel. But this was in ideal conditions "over an open field with no obstructions" most of the times it's around 5000ft..

Reactions: Junebug
Appreciate for your information. My test condition wasn't perfect, but it was a consistent location for me to run all distance test. During my test flight there DJI go app indicated lots of interference, it was tested at night in city where short office buildings were located. The first question that I should be asking has to be - if I have connected my ARGTEK wrongly, could it have flown 3600ft.? Because from what I read, faulty connections can only led to a distance of few hundred feet. Please advise.

Appreciate for your information. My test condition wasn't perfect, but it was a consistent location for me to run all distance test. During my test flight there DJI go app indicated lots of interference, it was tested at night in city where short office buildings were located. The first question that I should be asking has to be - if I have connected my ARGTEK wrongly, could it have flown 3600ft.? Because from what I read, faulty connections can only led to a distance of few hundred feet. Please advise.
I really don't think you could have gone 3600ft if they weren't properly installed, that's 1km,, still pretty far. If you were in the city and you say app showed "lots of interferences" it's normal, if I'm around houses or lots trees I too will lose signal at around that distance, if you can go higher in altitude it help,, 10,000ft was my record distance, only got this far twice, went back to same place after and 8000ft was my max, just a change in weather will effect the range. If you can find I nice open place (see my picture where I got 10,000ft) you will really see how far you can go. And DJI say you have to be about 400ft high to reach max distance (I was over 500ft in picture).. Oh and see in other picture how my panels where positioned, this is how I got the furthest. Keep trying and hopefully you will be able to get good distance.. Good luck
20160920_153958 (1).png
20161012_122029.jpg

And I forgot to mention when you start going really far away you really have to point the remote straight at the drone, even if you can't see it, because a slight movement in ether side will cause signal loss immediately, I can't hardly move when my Drone is very far..

Thanks Martin for your insights. It is very helpful, I need to tryout a bit more. I always flew on 150ft altitude which is way below what you suggested, new DJI app just kept coughing interference warning, I have pointed my center panel down while leaving telemetry/video antennas up. Trial and error, may be I can bring it closer to the expected reputation.

To provide you with an idea of my flight environment, this is the footage I got from using my stock antenna (3200 ft.). The ARGTEK flight was so disappointingly close distance to this flight so I didn't bother keeping the ARGtek flight footage, visually there weren't any difference except for it said 3600ft.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Martin: I finally had a chance to test my ARGTEK using all your suggestions to the details, and I flew 9771 ft. which makes 1.85 miles. So the ARGTEK lives up to the reputation, and I think I might have installed all the connections correctly. :)

Reactions: Martin Fiset
Martin: I finally had a chance to test my ARGTEK using all your suggestions to the details, and I flew 9771 ft. which makes 1.85 miles. So the ARGTEK lives up to the reputation, and I think I might have installed all the connections correctly. :)
Thank pretty darn good! This is among the top ranges that I have seen online. Glad I could help ;)

The top award belongs to you (with prove from above)) 3130.4m! How did everyone manage to record the DJI go app flight sequence as video and put it on Youtube?

Reactions: WilliamM
The top award belongs to you (with prove from above)) 3130.4m! How did everyone manage to record the DJI go app flight sequence as video and put it on Youtube?
They use another app that records what on your screen, I tried one, I think it was AZ recorder but as soon as I started recording with it I immediately lost signal in DJI app, don't know why, so I never got to use it, my picture is a "screenshot" I took with my tablet when my Drone was flying.

As a closure/conclusion for my inquiry, I flew my P3S w/ ARGtek in heavy rain for 6980ft./1.3miles at 400ft. altitude. We always talked about flying in optimum condition, I did the reverse and yielded respectable result. ARGtek range extender is simply GOOD!!!

https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=0UpFn3WzAvU&video_referrer=watch

I agree that a P3S will fly even further with DBS mod, but taking into consideration that I am absolutely no good in hooking up cables and drilling holes, as well as wanting to carry the transmitter in my P3S backpack, ARGtek is the best choice for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31