ARGTek Range Extender Issues

Reaction score
I recently purchased the ARGtek range extender kit for the P3 standard, I was very excited to get it installed and see how it performs. To my disappointment I was only getting maybe 1000 feet tops without it dropping signal randomly. I tested it in a packed residential area, so that may have had something to do with it.

You answered your own question, I can regularly get 1500' plus in my neighborhood. Not that it's recommended but go a little higher and see if your range improves. I also unglued the antenna on the drone itself so it doesn't necessarily have be turned a certain way to pick up signal.

Before I installed the ARGtek, I was getting video feed drop offs at 400ft. After installing, I had not problems out to 2000ft. I have not tested how far it would still keep a signal, that was just the furthest I flew it. YMMV.

Before installing the ARGtek I was getting 2000 feet in a residential area but now with it installed I easily double it.

I fly in a very crowded WIFI area I was dropping the signal at 400ft after installing the ARGtek I've been out to 2K without a single drop out. I will be going down My hunting property this weekend no towers in the area and wide open crop fields as far as the eye can see will be checking the range on it. I honestly didn't buy it for range though I wanted the best possible connection I could get and still visually see my drone even if its just a tiny dot, the ARGtek made that possible in my crappy flying area.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Could someone with a 'real' argtek kit post a few pictures of the mount front and also the antennas. I got one on eBay in the UK and I am sure its a fake. It does work mind you but I would rather have the real thing. My antennas have their logo etc etched into the plastic but it just looks 'wrong'.

Sorry to hijack!

Thanks.

The mount.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 802
Yeah, well I only got three. Pretty certain this is a knock off.

Will order one direct from the US Amazon store - I am in the UK.

Either that or I will get the DBS mod and repurpose the ARGTek mount .... decisions decisions.

I know there is but amazingly its actually cheaper to buy from the ARGTek store on the US Amazon!

Even with postage included, which blew my mind a bit.

I know there is but amazingly its actually cheaper to buy from the ARGTek store on the US Amazon!

Even with postage included, which blew my mind a bit.
ahh gotcha well I can link you the one I bought its a real deal so you can rest assured your getting a real one

I just purchased the ARGtek and installed it. I was disappointed with the range. No better than my standard antenna. And, I continually lost the video feed.

I just purchased the ARGtek and installed it. I was disappointed with the range. No better than my standard antenna. And, I continually lost the video feed.
Something is wrong then with ur install or area u are in. I have installed same on my 3 p3's and have at least doubled the area in all areas i fly. Check ur connections inside controller.

Reactions: chatikib
have you rechecked your connections and make sure you glue them down? Another thing is make sure your controller is pointed toward the drone I currently and using the two square 2.4 antennas for wifi and the long skinny 5.8 for control and Ive been out to 2k with zero issues in an area that's swamped with wifi, trees and homes. I could easily go much further but I don't like having my drone out of visual sight also can you tell me who and where you bought it as there are fake ones out on the market.

It could be the connections. When removing the stock antenna, one of the round connectors on the board bent so it wasn't a perfect circle. I carefully moved it back into position. I never felt a good "click" on any of the three connections. I did glue them down. See image. Yes, I'm using the two flat antennae and the one long antenna in the middle.

Which antenna does what? I've never had problems with the video feed until I installed the Argtek.

Thanks for help.
argtek.jpg

I forgot to mention that I bought the Argtek on Amazon. It was sold by BlueProton and fulfilled by Amazon.

If i remember right the control is 5.8 center antenna and vidio is outside 2 . It has been a while but i think that is right. If antenna connectors did not click in firm, they are probaly not seated right making poor connections. Can check them with ohm meter from antenna ends. Should show shorts

If i remember right the control is 5.8 center antenna and vidio is outside 2 . It has been a while but i think that is right. If antenna connectors did not click in firm, they are probaly not seated right making poor connections. Can check them with ohm meter from antenna ends. Should show shorts

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20