ARGtek Phantom 3S Antenna

Reaction score
Anyone have the ARGtek antenna? Heard it gives you a lot of extra range and I'm thinking of ordering it soon.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

yes I have it but dbs is much better have both

I have seen mixed reports from people with the ARGtek. Some say it doubles their range, others say it helped a little and some say it made no difference at all. I wonder if this has to do with fcc/ce power restrictions. A benefit of the ARGtek is that it can basically be removed without trace in case of a warranty return. It is also(at least here in the UK with shipping) just under half the price (£50 vs £100). It would be interesting to see a comparison between stock, ARGtek and DBS in CE mode. The issue I have with DBS is that it involves drilling into the remote and at that price you begin to wonder whether you are better off selling your standard and buying an advanced, I don't know.
Just my thoughts on the matter.

Harry you do not have to necessarily drill into your TX for the panel . Several have just got the cables to run through the antenna hole .
As far as the CE mode comparison it has been posted in one of the many threads about that but I can't say as I'm in FCC .
Yes you can spend the 50 dollars and be happy with what you get or maybe not and then get the panel and have the price of both .
IMO why take the chance and just get the panel and be done with it .

DBS mod all the way. Before the mod could only get to 2400 feet. After the DBS mod I've gotten to 8317 feet or 1.5 miles. Others have done much better, but I've got WiFi interference.

DBS mod all the way. Before the mod could only get to 2400 feet. After the DBS mod I've gotten to 8317 feet or 1.5 miles. Others have done much better, but I've got WiFi interference.
I'm going with DBS seems more reliable

Reactions: RZR_Jim and flpholt
good choice you will be more happy with it I have argtek on my standard its just okay but have dbs on my advanced and wow a lot better

good choice you will be more happy with it I have argtek on my standard its just okay but have dbs on my advanced and wow a lot better
Where did you guys buy it from?
eBay? Amazon?

amazon

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31