Argtek Phantom 3 4K Install

Reaction score
Very sorry if this shouldn't be posted here, I'm brand new to Drones, 72 hours and have just found this site.

I purchased the Phantom 3 Standard 4k, not knowing anything about these drones and have quickly noticed how short of distance my drone can fly. Probably mainly because I'm in a populated area with lots of tall trees and home, and lots of wifi.

Looks like people who have used this antenna have had lots of success, I currently get a range of about 1000 ft, and peaked at 1500 ft.

I can hit 400 ft high no problem.

Anyone here not have a positive result with the Argtek antenna? Anyone in the Toronto/GTA area with it?

That range doesn't seem that bad for an area with a lot of wifi interference. I just installed a DBS antenna last night, wasn't able to fly today because of the winds, but if that antenna is something your interested in I will keep you posted on my results. I am also in a very populated area and I got about the same amount of range as you.

Very sorry if this shouldn't be posted here, I'm brand new to Drones, 72 hours and have just found this site.

I purchased the Phantom 3 Standard 4k, not knowing anything about these drones and have quickly noticed how short of distance my drone can fly. Probably mainly because I'm in a populated area with lots of tall trees and home, and lots of wifi.

Looks like people who have used this antenna have had lots of success, I currently get a range of about 1000 ft, and peaked at 1500 ft.

I can hit 400 ft high no problem.

Anyone here not have a positive result with the Argtek antenna? Anyone in the Toronto/GTA area with it?

bought P3S a month ago and update to 1.6.80 straight out of the box without knowing anything and had a problem with the range and awful video feed in around 20 to 30 meters.

try to downgrade (1.5.70+) and able to fly around 100 to 150 meters.

bought ARGTek 7dBi and manage to fly around 275 to 300 meters. (1.5.70+)

i'm using DJI GO on both iOS and Android. also try to use DJI Geo Beta app. result are the same.

yesterday i update the firmware back to 1.6.80 from 1.5.70+, the update was success. but the whole process only take me less than 5 minutes. seems suspicious.

will try to fly the bird again today and i will give an update.

hope DJI will fix the problem soon.

would love to see what this thing can do when the firmware works properly.

cheers!

I'm in the same boat. I notice I need some extra range. I found one just like ARGtek, but rated at 10dBi for about ten bucks less from China/Taiwan.
Would this be better, worse? Same?

I'm definitely buying something and probably not a windsurfing accessory. I believe those can help some, but not nearly the help I'd be looking for. I might throw a windsurfer on top of the ARGtek (or similar) mod to maximize my range.
Thoughts? Experience?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm in the same boat. I notice I need some extra range. I found one just like ARGtek, but rated at 10dBi for about ten bucks less from China/Taiwan.

I'm definitely buying something and probably not a windsurfing accessory. I believe those can help some, but not nearly the help I'd be looking for. I might throw a windsurfer on top of the ARGtek (or similar) mod to maximize my range.
Thoughts? Experience?

I was able to fly for the first time since adding my DBS mod today and doubled my range as advertised. I tried DIY windsurfers before and I was able to get 200 - 300ft extra distance in the location I tested them.

i'm not sure but i prefer to go with ARGTek and also not so long ago ARGTek release the 10 dBi Range Booster Kit (with an included 6 dBi flat panel, directional, 5.8Ghz antenna for "super long" range). the included 10 dBi, 5.8Ghz, omni-directional antenna is ideal for flying in the Intelligent Flight Modes when the quad may have to fly behind you.
here check the video from DJ SOUL FORCE

I might throw a windsurfer on top of the ARGtek (or similar) mod to maximize my range.
Thoughts? Experience?

that might works. give it a try and give us an update, cheers! ;)

Reactions: NC Drone
I just purchased the 5.8 panel from Blue Proton. I have had pretty bad results since I got mine in March. 2100 feet was my best ever right now with current Argtek, I'm lucky if I get 500. All current updates as well as current FW.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik