Argtec working good but thinking about the 5.8ghz antenna

Reaction score
OK - Argtec has increased my range significantly with particularly my Video being great all way out to 2063m. But the 5.8Ghz signal is showing short periods of weak signal once I pass 700m ... I can get out to 2000m ... but I stop and start regaining signal at times.

There are no software hacks as I see it except for the Magic Power and Icarus for 2.4Ghz ... the Video side. The 5,8Ghz is literally forgotten !

So my lateral thinking has me looking at the Windsurfer I removed from my stock antenna. Would it be possible to join 2 or more and fit to the Argtec larger 5.8Ghz centre antenna to provide more focus to the signal ?

My Argtec was one of the older batch that does not have the alternative flat plate antenna option.

I am also thinking about whether to look at the FPV boys 5.8 antenna's ... see if there's a replacement that can provide ....

Just to repeat - I am very happy with the Argtec and it does what I asked of it. Now I want to just play on the 5.8 part.

Nigel

Can't u look at getting an amp for your 5.8 or something maybe

Yes of course - already have looked ... Hobby King do a suitable amp set-up ...

Just thinking simple parabolic reflector. It made difference ti stock antenna ... but of course its too short for the Argtec ... reason I think of two together, one on top of other. No need for extra power for amp ... no unplugging / replugging etc.

All I want is get the Control signal as constant and reliable as the Video ...

Nigel

My previous max range was 2063m but yesterday I reached 2493m .... I reckon I could have gone a little further but battery was going down so when it kicked into RTH - I let her come home.
This time at this distance I was getting intermittent warnings of both control and video signal weak.

Compared to stock - I'm a happy chappy !

Nigel

Myself I've bought one of the 14dbi flat panel antennas to replace the 5.8 argtek and it has worked great.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Can you describe the differences between 14dbi and Argtek? Have you been comparing with 5,8 panel from Argtek kit?

With the 14dbi antenna on the 5.8 I got 3000ft farther than the stock argtek panel antenna before getting the weak signal warning

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: subek
OK - Argtec has increased my range significantly with particularly my Video being great all way out to 2063m. But the 5.8Ghz signal is showing short periods of weak signal once I pass 700m ... I can get out to 2000m ... but I stop and start regaining signal at times.

There are no software hacks as I see it except for the Magic Power and Icarus for 2.4Ghz ... the Video side. The 5,8Ghz is literally forgotten !

So my lateral thinking has me looking at the Windsurfer I removed from my stock antenna. Would it be possible to join 2 or more and fit to the Argtec larger 5.8Ghz centre antenna to provide more focus to the signal ?

My Argtec was one of the older batch that does not have the alternative flat plate antenna option.

I am also thinking about whether to look at the FPV boys 5.8 antenna's ... see if there's a replacement that can provide ....

Just to repeat - I am very happy with the Argtec and it does what I asked of it. Now I want to just play on the 5.8 part.

Nigel
Nigel,
Have you figured anything out? I am pretty happy with the video feed, but my control craps out before my video too

Sent from my VS987 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Travelling home at moment so not tried any solutions yet. Will update as soon as I have anything.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20