Are you kidding me...

Reaction score
I just got my Fat Shark predator v2s....they don't come with a way to charge them....wtf.... now what do I need to buy....

Wildernessmedic said:
I just got my Fat Shark predator v2s....they don't come with a way to charge them....wtf.... now what do I need to buy....

obviously a battery charger?

im in the same boat. just messing with you. ive ordered so much stuff to fly this thing only to find out minutes later I need another 100 plus bucks.

drewtx said:
im in the same boat. just messing with you. ive ordered so much stuff to fly this thing only to find out minutes later I need another 100 plus bucks.
Lol, I guess that was a rhetorical question. More of a rant. Yeah, this is getting annoying. This is why I wanted someone here to dummy proof this for me and say buy this this and this, so THIS wouldn't happen.

I had hoped to be enjoying it this weekend, looks like if i'm lucky i'll have it going by next weekend...

How can I even tell what my Fat Shark battery is at? Do I need to buy a spare piece for that haha?

Am I correct in assuming you have a Phantom V2? I am assuming this because if you have a V1 you have a charger that will work with the supplied lead. This is not to be sarcasm it really isn't but it isn't listed as having a charger unless your vendor stated otherwise. I guess they assume if you are wanting to use FPV you probably already have a charger, however, their assumption isn't always correct.

A cheap (cheap being relative) LIPO charger like the Thunder AC6 from Hobby Partz. Still almost 50.00 though you might find a deal on a charger like this with free shipping. There are other chargers like this one around this price range and you might find a few cheaper. Just be sure you get one that accepts AC. Many LIPO chargers require a separate power supply.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

50 freaking dollars? Can I find this at best buy,.. Already headed there... What am I looking for... A plain rc charger...

Any hobby shop that sells rc should have a suitable charger for you.

Wildernessmedic said:
tanasit said:
reALIGNed said:
What size/type battery do you need to charge?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... 2S_3S.html

2S 1000mAh

Is that the only thing I need to buy? It's really only $5?

yep, it needs a 12v power supply, most people use car battery (at the field). I've been buying from this place for years, shipping is slow out of China, but you can choose the USA warehouse, price is a little higher, but you get it in three day vs three weeks.
Check out their battery prices, plus they sell Fat Shark items too.

yep, it needs a 12v power supply, most people use car battery (at the field). I've been buying from this place for years, shipping is slow out of China, but you can choose the USA warehouse, price is a little higher, but you get it in three day vs three weeks.
Check out their battery prices, plus they sell Fat Shark items too.[/quote]

Any 12v power adapter? What does the end look like ? I probably have one of those laying around. Thanks.

If you look at the pic, it shows the power chord.........the round end plugs into the side if the little charger, and the two alligator clips attach to the power supply (car battery posts). The battery you want to charge should have a balance lead on it (white plastic connector) and this end plugs into the appropriate connector on the charger. When I get home, I can post a pic if you need of the set up.

reALIGNed said:
If you look at the pic, it shows the power chord.........the round end plugs into the side if the little charger, and the two alligator clips attach to the power supply (car battery posts). The battery you want to charge should have a balance lead on it (white plastic connector) and this end plugs into the appropriate connector on the charger. When I get home, I can post a pic if you need of the set up.
Ok there has to be another option in not using a car battery...

Any device you can rig up to feed the charger 12vdc will work.

Thanks ill just buy that combo since its less than $20 for both. Looks like a laptop charger. I have a bunch of those around.

If your going to place an order through Hobby King, get a couple extra batteries of the size you need and maybe an extra charger. This way you wait once for the shipment and you have extra batts. for a days worth of flying. Btw, there are many other chargers to choose from (most are ac/dc powered) to do multiple charges at once (parallel charging), just depends what you want to spend.

It can not use the 120V AC outlet, so you will need the DC 12-15V power supply.
The alligator clips you see in the picture go to the battery posts and the other connector go to the Fat Shark battery adapter.
If you use the desk top power supply, you may have to use the banana plugs in place of the clips unless your unit has the connectors for the clips.

I used a spare phantom lipo battery for my fatshark goggles...and then just bought a $5 xt60 to barrel plug adapter.
I eventually bought a fatshark battery....and used that adapter I had to charge the battery on my charger.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20