Are these replacement shell deals legit?

Reaction score
Hello:
My P3S has the dreaded cracks and is in need of replacement. I have found the usual OEM deals on shells on DJI and Amazon. My question is on the so called "very good" deals that are less than the OEM price. Here are two examples:
Amazon.com: DJI Phantom 3 Standard STD Drone - NEW Shell, Top & Bottom (Part 72) -: Camera & Photo

and

DJI Phantom 3 Standard Part 72 Body Shell Cover, Landing Gear, Antenna,Sticker | eBay

The vendors claim that they basically strip new, never flown P3S's and sell the parts. Sounds like a good deal but is it?

thanks
Jim

They are most likely legit. I've never seen a fake P3S shell. If you want to order from an authorized DJI dealer for the same price, order it here on Amazon instead.

There have been others on this forum that post they buy new birds and strip them for parts. They make more money that way.

Reactions: p3s_noob
There have been others on this forum that post they buy new birds and strip them for parts. They make more money that way.
That's exactly right, I do the same with Traxxas parts.I buy New and carefully tear down, and sell separate. Must note when selling that the parts are from a NEW unit. I would feel comfortable buying the shell.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj