Are these Props ok?

Reaction score
Hi Guys...just purchased an extra set of props for my phantom 3 advanced. They are probably ok..but just wanted to check with this forum....before using them.They are both 9450...the new ones have a different look and feel to them...and not just because they are new...also at the screw in part..the new ones look as though you could take the silver and black parts out..whereas my original ones are molded in one piece. Maybe i'm over worrying..just want to get this forums thoughts before i use them...photos attached...top ones are the new ones..bottom are the originals..bought at a legal dji store.
6298d0e6ae13dc6248855852570da16d.jpg
d7408e7fbd7efa392c7c5851c0b22552.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935K using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
The P3s switched to a composite hub (P2 prop hubs are metal) to increase friction with the motor shaft to reduce the possibility of prop loss due to the addition of motor braking.
It is not recommended to use metal hub props on a P3.

Reactions: DannyBhoy
Got a shot that shows the inside of the hubs?

Thanks!

As N017RW noted above -- they will technically work, but they were not designed to be used with the P3. Your Phantom will crash if any of the props spin off mid-flight.

Thanks!

As N017RW noted above -- they will technically work, but they were not designed to be used with the P3. Your Phantom will crash if any of the props spin off mid-flight.
Cheers...good advice..appreciate all the input from you guys...got a refund from amazon..I'm returning them tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G935K using PhantomPilots mobile app

FYI, I have a complete list of OEM DJI props that are okay to use here.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl