Are these legit P3 props?

Reaction score
I found them in my P1 box. I've never had any with gold stripes.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443293527.568712.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443293539.050013.jpg

They are legit DJIs...
But if the hubs are metal don't use them on a P3.
They can spin off as a result of the braking feature.

Thanks NO17RW. They do NOT have a metal hub.

Have not seen props with the gold stripes.. Must come with the P3P.

Props that come with the p3p are same as the rest, no stripes etc. The only ones I've seen with stripes are CF props, I'm pretty sure 9450 are CF props.

My bad, they're all 9450, and yes these are legit, I didn't know normal props came with stripes, I thought just the CF ones do.

m.dji.com/product/9450-self-tightening-rotor-white-gold-stripes

That's what I thought also. My original props had color coded hubs and were solid white bI have since upgraded to the carbon fiber reinforced black and yellow and I'm very happy with them so far

My bad, they're all 9450, and yes these are legit, I didn't know normal props came with stripes, I thought just the CF ones do.

m.dji.com/product/9450-self-tightening-rotor-white-gold-stripes

I just used them, only 1 flight, no issues. Nice and quite. Gotta love new props.

That's what I thought also. My original props had color coded hubs and were solid white bI have since upgraded to the carbon fiber reinforced black and yellow and I'm very happy with them so far

Everyone on here says don't use carbon fiber. I'm going to buy a set and test them. I had a set on my p1 and loved them. Unless someone can provide creditable information that they are not good for my phantom.

I fly with carbon props with metal inserts. No problem what so ever. I adjusted the braking to minimal just to ease my mind. Never used the original props so can't compare. While flying planes I used wooden props because of the stifness. Nylon props just deform under load and their pitch change while revving up.

Check the hub.

If they are metal then best advice is 'Don't use them'.

Metal might mess up the threads on the motors and will/might come off, if anything happens i.e manufacturers defect then you know what DJI are going to say if your under warranty.

I fly with carbon props with metal inserts. No problem what so ever. I adjusted the braking to minimal just to ease my mind. Never used the original props so can't compare. While flying planes I used wooden props because of the stifness. Nylon props just deform under load and their pitch change while revving up.

I also turned my braking down to 70. I agree, p3 props seem to start bending and what not. After a few flights they are super loud.

Check the hub.

If they are metal then best advice is 'Don't use them'.

Metal might mess up the threads on the motors and will/might come off, if anything happens i.e manufacturers defect then you know what DJI are going to say if your under warranty.

I don't believe mine is under warranty anymore. (Some of the parts anyways) I'll never know how they work if I don't try them. I had no issues on my p1. I'll try them out on the P3.

I think DJI makes a 9450 in carbon fiber. How could these not be good for a phantom if they are made by DJI, for a phantom 3? How would putting DJI props on affect the warranty?

Last edited:
I purchased these.. I plan on flying a few times then comparing them to my factory props via healthydrones.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443366522.621503.jpg

Everyone on here says don't use carbon fiber. I'm going to buy a set and test them. I had a set on my p1 and loved them. Unless someone can provide creditable information that they are not good for my phantom.

I have a set of original carbon fiber set from DJI.

They are ok and see no justification for having to pay extra money for them as they seem to perform the same as the normal white props, if there is any performance then it is totally not noticeable, the only advice on them is not worth the extra money apart from looking good and are a stiffer then the white ones.

Everyone has their own choice/opinion, just my thought is you can have 2 pairs of normal props with the same price for 1 pair of carbon fiber prop price.

I have a set of original carbon fiber set from DJI.

They are ok and see no justification for having to pay extra money for them as they seem to perform the same as the normal white props, if there is any performance then it is totally not noticeable, the only advice on them is not worth the extra money apart from looking good and are a stiffer then the white ones.

Everyone has their own choice/opinion, just my thought is you can have 2 pairs of normal props with the same price for 1 pair of carbon fiber prop price.

Have you compared them in healthydrones? I see a difference when I put on new balanced props. I'll never know unless I try. I see a lot of people commenting about props that have not tried them. It all just hearsay.

Have you compared them in healthydrones? I see a difference when I put on new balanced props. I'll never know unless I try. I see a lot of people commenting about props that have not tried them. It all just hearsay.

Have not actually done that.

I may do that some time during the week once I get some time and get back to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.