Are these battery stats okay?

Reaction score
Just wondering if this is normal, because I've read a lot of people here saying to land promptly once cell voltage hits 3.6v. Advice appreciated! :)

Charge level 46%, ambient temp ~18deg C

2417bfeee24994583c94fe8eafcfef4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Just wondering if this is normal, because I've read a lot of people here saying to land promptly once cell voltage hits 3.6v. Advice appreciated! :)

Charge level 46%, ambient temp ~18deg C

Any sustained hard accelleration/load on the battery is likely to result in (at best) the "Power Inhibited" message, or (at worst), "battery level critical - landing".

Take it easy.

I've read a lot of people here saying to land promptly once cell voltage hits 3.6v
It's a good idea to land your Phantom when (or before) the first battery cell reaches 3.4V. See more details here.

Reactions: bohdud
30mv cell imbalance isn't too bad at the depicted SOC. it's a fairly new pack though, you should expect little if any imbalance. Your also al least 100mah down on rated full capacity.

How old is the pack. Have you kept it close to 50% charge while in storage?

I would upload a few flights to healthy drones and see what the stats are. Maybe even upload your last flight (and a few earlier in that pack) and check it out.

Thanks WTB, will keep an eye on it and upload some logs to healthydrones. Of course a single screenshot doesn't tell anyone the full story haha.

Pack is a week old, only used it once prior. Did sit for 3-4 days fully charged before use, so maybe that plus the 18degC ambient temp plus med-long range flight (sustained acceleration) is what was pushing the voltage down. Cheers for the input you lot :)

Battery appears to be ok. Keep monitoring two things:

Cell to cell deviation and
Total battery capacity.

More deviation means one cell is going bad

Less capacity means time to deep discharge cycle to see if it recovers lost capacity

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj