Are there still Android Nougat disconnect issues?

Reaction score
I have not used my Nvidia K1 to fly in a long time, I have been using the iPad mini 4, is there still disconnect issues with Nougat and DJI GO? Of there is, are they any fixes other than rolling the tablet back to Marshmallow?
I love using the iPad mini, but I have this K1 that is brand new and I have only used it twice. I would like to get some use out of it or sell it.
Thanks in advance.

My K1 is on Android 7 with the DJI Go 4 version 5.1, and it crashes constantly in-flight. It never survives beyond about five minutes without crashing and requiring a restart. So no, the issues are NOT worked out by any means. Stick with your iPad and sell the Shield. Only reason I haven't done that is I don't have an iPad mini and I'm saving my money for when the CrystalSky monitors to come out.

I use the shield only for my initial setup. I installed the HDMI output module on the transmitter and am using that with the new FatShark Transformer goggles as my primary monitor, which has a beautiful picture and can be used even in bright sunlight.

I also use the K1 tablet and had issues with Android 7 crashing at about 5-8 minutes into each flight. Turned to these very helpful forums, found the downgrade help tutorial and successfully now fly without any issue using Marshmallow OS on my Shield K1.

What about with using litchi and Android 7.0 Nougat? Does litchi crash also?
Reading the entire thread posted above about rolling back to Marshmallow, it seems that brought up other issues with the K1.

Upon reading many forum posts... The issue is the Go 3.15 Android update....3.14 was/is perfectly fine.... Wonder if anyone knows how to redistribute the .apk file for this.... My P3a /s7 nougat is ok with 3.14...just saying

Reactions: Simzy666
Upon reading many forum posts... The issue is the Go 3.15 Android update....3.14 was/is perfectly fine.... Wonder if anyone knows how to redistribute the .apk file for this.... My P3a /s7 nougat is ok with 3.14...just saying
No, it is NOT the APP, it is 100% the Nougat update. The app works perfect on Marshmallow. Update marshmallow to Nougat and the app screws up, back to Marshmallow and the app is perfect.

Yes fella... 2.7km out...
Only had the craft 6 weeks...nougat was on my s7 edge already... Been working great... Not updated to go 3.15 after reading reviews on the play site.... Still ok now... Go figure

Yes fella... 2.7km out...
Okay fella, I guess it does not effect all devices. I was inquiring about the Nvidia Shield K1. It seems everyone who updated to Nougat with these devices have the disconnect issue, this device and a lot of others.

Okay fella, I guess it does not effect all devices. I was inquiring about the Nvidia Shield K1. It seems everyone who updated to Nougat with these devices have the disconnect issue, this device and a lot of others.
Agreed.. There are a fair few with issues.... Just wanted to add my experience with this software debate.... I assume you were good until the 3.15 update, as were others... Sure hope a fix is on its way... Not wanting to go the way of apple........

I am using Nexus 6P,( Nougat ) with my P3 Pro. Everything was working fine with this setup until I was so stupid so upgraded the firmware from v1.8.80 to v1.10.90. Then the problem started. My first problem after update was a lot of freezing and purple artifacts on my phone.( Not present in the video on the SD card) Think the rollback from 1.8 to 1.6 on the R/C solved this problem. ( Not quit sure but I have not seen this artifacts since the rollback)

I have now this annoying DJI Go crash problem. 5-7 min in flight DJI Go always crash. The drone is controllable but no video feed.

Is P3 Pro a finished chapter for DJI or will they release any new firmware update ? Or perhaps a fix so it is possible to rollback to a previous firmware ?

Does somebody know where I can find previous versions of DJI Go app ?
I have also read some tips about switching the channel on the R/C to manual and select a decent channel instead of auto.

Will try this weekend with downgrade of the app and manual setting of the R/C channels.

I feel so frustrated. I was going to sell my P3 Pro and buy a another drone. It is now not possible to sell a drone that does not working properly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20