Are there monkeys running DJI Customer Service?

Reaction score
If not...maybe they should think about it. Might do a better job. Returning my P2V Because of radio problems and NO Customer support whatsoever.

Wow buddy slow down that's what were here for! Whats wrong with it? If it seems like something needs to be replaced then yes you are better off sending it back but see if someone here can help before you do that may be something simple! And yes DJI does have a bunch of monkeys working for them, Found a banana peal in my unit when I got it, lol. But no any help from them forget it because they will just email you back and tell you to contact your dealer or send it back for a replacement if the dealer can't fix it!

Clue Giver said:
phantomflyer said:
OP, it sounds like you need to be a little more persistent or creative when contacting DJI.

Heck, there's even a video floating around out there were they tour the US offices and highlight the support folks.

First, I think Elginet needs to apologize to monkeys all over the world who you've just insulted. Monkeys are in no way as bad/lazy/worthless as DJI customer service.

Second. Clue Giver, there should not be a need for persistent/creative anything when contacting DJI. If you send an email with an issue, you should get an email back. That is what customer service is all about.

The video you speak of shows the customer service department (see pic) which is little more than 2 girls at a desk with a computer and phone. Actually, I take that back, I don't even see a telephone. When you watch the video you can see the emphasis of the DJI building is put on "fun" considering the ping pong table and big screen tvs take up the largest area. Customer Service is not a priority at DJI. Those girls handle both customer issues and dealer issues. As you can imagine, they are probably swamped. It is not the girls fault, it is DJI's fault for not getting them the help they need.

Lastly, CG congrats on your ability to reach DJI. You will find that this is not the case with everyone. In fact you are a rare situation. I'd say you owe phantomflyer an apology for claiming he is misinformed/making assumptions, and that his gross exaggerations are false. You are but 4 days old on the forum so you have yet to read through the topics/posts and discover that the world you live in is not a reality but a delusion of grandeur. Welcome to the forum.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-24 at 12.59.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-24 at 12.59.44 PM.png
    365.7 KB · Views: 657
Clue Giver said:
Ksc said:
Lastly, CG congrats on your ability to reach DJI. You will find that this is not the case with everyone. In fact you are a rare situation. I'd say you owe phantomflyer an apology for claiming he is misinformed/making assumptions, and that his gross exaggerations are false. You are but 4 days old on the forum so you have yet to read through the topics/posts and discover that the world you live in is not a reality but a delusion of grandeur. Welcome to the forum.

1. I never dealt with those gals. I dealt with a few of the guys in tech support that can be seen later in the video as well as a few other folks not featured in the video.

2. "You are but 4 days old on the forum so you have yet to read through the topics/posts" That's an interesting assumption on your part. Totally inaccurate though.

Yeah, DJI is difficult to deal with but the fatalistic claim that "no any help from them forget it because they will just email you back and tell you to contact your dealer" doesn't have to be true and if someone is resourceful you can indeed get past the dealer level and work with DJI directly.

1. So you've never dealt with customer service but you decided to chime in about how good their customer service is?

2. men lie. numbers do not lie (again I get to refer you to a picture)

3. you obviously do not understand the manufacturer/dealer dynamic. The dealer sells you the product and in turn they are responsible for the end user support. When you buy a Sony (manufacturer) TV from Best Buy (dealer) do you call Sony when you get it home and the thing has dead pixels? No you bring it back to Best Buy. Should you decide to call Sony, they will inform you to return the TV to Best Buy because that is standard protocol.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-24 at 1.59.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-24 at 1.59.46 PM.png
    66.5 KB · Views: 679
Ksc - I know the numbers say he is only a few days old, but I know this person has been on the forums before! And I'm across the other side of the world!

Driffill said:
Ksc - I know the numbers say he is only a few days old, but I know this person has been on the forums before! And I'm across the other side of the world!

I realized that when he said the stuff about bicycles. I didn't want to draw attention to it because the last time it was like that one scene in Frankenstein.

Attachments

• frankenstein-castle.jpg
    frankenstein-castle.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 613
He is being surprisingly helpful and somewhat polite, so I can't complain:) but I didn't want to make a big song and dance about him being back either. Especially when he knows more about cams than me!

Clue Giver said:
Ksc said:

1. I never dealt with those gals. I dealt with a few of the guys in tech support that can be seen later in the video as well as a few other folks not featured in the video.

2. "You are but 4 days old on the forum so you have yet to read through the topics/posts" That's an interesting assumption on your part. Totally inaccurate though.

Yeah, DJI is difficult to deal with but the fatalistic claim that "no any help from them forget it because they will just email you back and tell you to contact your dealer" doesn't have to be true and if someone is resourceful you can indeed get past the dealer level and work with DJI directly.

Okay so this may not be true to everyone but yes that was an email I got from DJI when I had transmitter issues, I explained it to them the first time and got no response then after second email I was told to contact my dealer to return it! Made me think they didn't have a tech support just someone answering the phone and email now and then, No support there lol. But them are some hot looking monkeys behind that desk I must say...

Yup his whole post here gives him away, Calling out my member name at the end of this one when I made one post in the beginning on my experience with DJI wasn't even arguing his point and he still has a grudge, Been here before, likes bikes, And still some what condescending on his response to others! But hey he's getting better, We'll see how long that lasts though. Hasn't done anything to offend to much but just for being a repeated offender and a twice booted member should be enough to report him but I'll leave it alone until he get's out of line.
Clue Giver said:
Ksc said:
1. So you've never dealt with customer service but you decided to chime in about customer service?

Incorrect again. I dealt with DJI's customer service in China (horrible) as well as DJI's US head of operations (which includes customer service BTW). I just never dealt with the gals in the screen grab. Get it?

Ksc said:
2. men lie. numbers do not lie (again I get to refer you to a picture)

Wow. I guess I really do need to be a "clue giver" here for the guy who was somewhat defending "Of The Phantom" a while back.

Here's the clue: that screen name creation date has no relation to how long I have been reading this forum.

Ksc said:
3. you obviously do not understand the manufacturer/dealer dynamic. The dealer sells you the product and in turn they are responsible for the end user support. When you buy a Sony (manufacturer) TV from Best Buy (dealer) do you call Sony when you get it home and the thing has dead pixels? No you bring it back to Best Buy. Should you decide to call Sony, they will inform you to return the TV to Best Buy because that is standard protocol.

Incorrect again. I am very familiar with various manufacturer/dealer dynamics across a number of industries.

Some manufacturers work exclusively through a dealer network (your Sony example), some do not (many boutique bicycling companies for example), and some are a mix of both (DJI for example).

In this case I bypassed the dealer and went directly to the manufacturer to resolve an issue with a faulty product. Other folks have done the same.

It's not as black and white as you and phantomflyer imagine it to be.

Clue Giver said:

I wouldn't be thrilled if 18 months ago I paid $3500 for an IMU that is now in a $700 phantom.

She's a marketing expert for BDA (a massive marketing firm). The way that works is that the company in need (DJI) calls the marketing experts (BDA) and BDA sends someone to help DJI. That person moves to wherever she has to and comes into work every day for that company and helps build it up. Once the company has reached where it needs to be or the contract is over, she will return to BDA and move onto another project. I only know this because I worked for a company that used BDA. We were sent an old grumpy man.

No one can say that DJI isn't riding a wave of success right now. Also, no one can say that the reason for this is success in attributable to their customer support, far from it. Imagine the possibilities if DJI were to imitate the support offered by Apple to their customers. After all, it is Apple that the founder of DJI looks to as inspiration.

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/arti ... ing-flight

I had a question for DJI support when I first got mine, and a few days later I got the correct answer I needed. I assumed that the delay had to do with the intervening weekend, the amount of support requests and possibly English translation. All in all 1 out of 1 experience was positive for me. I also have B&H support available, with whom I have had many years of nothing but excellent customer service experiences.

Clue Giver said:
I think it's a bit deeper (pun intended) than that given her relationship with Colin Guinn.

I would be disappointed in Colin if he didn't try to throw it to her.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20