Are there first person viewing options for the P3S?

Reaction score
What are the best options for using FPV goggles with the standard. Everything I see is for advanced and above. I have an iPhone 6 S Plus.

Thanks
Brandon

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

From my understanding, you need a adv/pro model. The goggles need an HDMI signal to work and since the P3S does not have a USB port (that's the part that needs upgraded to the HDMI port), end of story. As far as I understand it.

Reactions: Morro Man
Thanks. That's how I understand it as well. I was just wondering if there was a way around it.

I'm in the same boat as you, I'd like to try the FPV goggles too. Like they say, "if I knew then what I know now." I'd would have spent the extra cash and bought the P3A. With the lightbridge, RC @ 2.4 GHz, and double the GPS sat. and this. Not to mention NO wifi firmware update, update firmware over the air ??

Last edited:
I ended up just throwing a black shirt over my head and the remote, just so I could see the screen

Reactions: Slackware
I managed to get "3D FPV - DJI Phantom + Inspire" on my Blu Android phone and Blitzwolf goggles working. It kept crashing and I had to remove the goggles to restart the app, that was a pain. They have a more reliable version 2 for IOS that supposedly works good. Not much for OSD on the version 1 though, number of GPS satellites and voltage. Link below;

Visual Vertigo's FPV apps (FPV and 3D FPV)

Last edited:
Anyone here use goggles with their Standard? Anyone?

I bought "google cardboard box" on ebay which is actually plastic. I paid about 12-14 euro, really cheap considering it also has adjustable lenses.
Using latest version Litchi 1.9.0 in VR mode. On an Iphone 5S .
Works just great. You see a nice quality in depth FPV image and OSD with basic info, Altitude , speed, distance, battery etc...
(I wish the iphone battery lasted bit longer,)

IMG_0072.JPG
IMG_0073.JPG

Reactions: Morro Man
I am using a Samsung S6 Edge with Samsung Gear VR. I used 3 apps so far and they each work OK. I used Drone VR+, Litchi and 3D FPV.

I bought "google cardboard box" on ebay which is actually plastic. I paid about 12-14 euro, really cheap considering it also has adjustable lenses.
Using latest version Litchi 1.9.0 in VR mode. On an Iphone 5S .
Works just great. You see a nice quality in depth FPV image and OSD with basic info, Altitude , speed, distance, battery etc...
(I wish the iphone battery lasted bit longer,)

View attachment 58422 View attachment 58423
So if I'm getting this now, if your using the Litchi app which uploads the full flight to the drone. You can just sit back and enjoy the show. But if your using the Go app and would be in control yourself, then the HDMI cord has to go the controller, which isn't happening with the standard. Or can you still use the Go app with goggles since the device (smartphone) is connected to the control via wifi on the P3S. This is the only part of the Phantom experience I having an issue with getting my head wrapped around.

So if I'm getting this now, if your using the Litchi app which uploads the full flight to the drone. You can just sit back and enjoy the show. But if your using the Go app and would be in control yourself, then the HDMI cord has to go the controller, which isn't happening with the standard. Or can you still use the Go app with goggles since the device (smartphone) is connected to the control via wifi on the P3S. This is the only part of the Phantom experience I having an issue with getting my head wrapped around.

P3S connects via WiFi to the phone for any of the apps to work. When you have Litchi going, you click on the VR button and put the phone in the VR case and go.

DJI GO app does not work with VR at all.

P3S connects via WiFi to the phone for any of the apps to work. When you have Litchi going, you click on the VR button and put the phone in the VR case and go.

DJI GO app does not work with VR at all.
So even if you had a P3A with the HDMI port upgrade, the Go app is not going to work with it, correct?
Then if so, the only point to upgrade the controller port on a P3A is so you can have two devices going at the same time?

So even if you had a P3A with the HDMI port upgrade, the Go app is not going to work with it, correct?
Then if so, the only point to upgrade the controller port on a P3A is so you can have two devices going at the same time?

I am only talking about the P3S, I have no idea about the P3A. This post is about P3S.

I am only talking about the P3S, I have no idea about the P3A. This post is about P3S.
I knew we all were talking about the P3S, that's what I own myself and what this thread was about.. Just thought to ask, sometimes knowing all aspects of a technology helps to understand things better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4