Are there differences in the vision plus gimbal motors?

Reaction score
I purchased a tilt motor for my P2V+ V3 gimbal from eBay and the shaft is about 3-4mm shorter than mine. I've found no information confirming or denying any differences in gimbal motors, so this is very disappointing.
Can anyone confirm that there are differences or do I just have a rare breed?

Either way, I'm STILL on the hunt for a tilt motor.

3 Axis V2 and V3 cameras are different in design.

Yeah, I discovered that when I bought a V2 pitch motor and the shaft was shorter.. can anyone elaborate on any other differences?
Are there any functional limitations that would prevent a v2 gimbal from working on a V3 Vision +?

Yeah, I discovered that when I bought a V2 pitch motor and the shaft was shorter.. can anyone elaborate on any other differences?
Are there any functional limitations that would prevent a v2 gimbal from working on a V3 Vision +?
On first sight, they look very similar. Its only when you dismantle them you realise that there has been massive changes to improve the durability. The biggest change is that they no longer use a magnetically held shaft to hold the roll motor. This I now a pressed plate. The gimbal housing is different as it uses a larger bearing case for the main arm.

To clarify, you can swap the ENTIRE Pv2+ V2 gimbal + camera with a Pv2+ V3 gimbal + camera as a complete unit. However you CANNOT share the parts between the V2 and V3. They are completely different.

Reactions: xsnrg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj