Are or where you over whelmed by the choices of Tablets for your Phantom?

Reaction score
I got in to quads way back with the Ar drone and then when the Phantom 2 Came out.
Now its the Advanced but getting the right tablet or mobile device is hard.
If you ask on the DJI website they seem to say only use those on the list.
Then on other sites the list of devices is even bigger. For ever one somebody likes the next hates it.
Who else had this problem?

If you refer to the list of devices provided by msinger on this forum, you won't go wrong. I have an IPhone 6+ and have never had any issues. I stopped going to other forums purely because everything I need to know is here and use their tips for both my P3S and P4.

Reactions: kenjancef
You can find a list of recommended and commonly used devices here. That should help you narrow down your choices.

Whenever I have a problem, I just look for a post by msinger. He's usually made a post within the past 90 secs or so. Then I look at his sig. Then I click on the relevant link.

Not overwhelmed at all. Saw the Ipad Mini 2 on sale at Walmart, checked Msinger's list, drove to Walmart.

I'm on to a tablet that can run dji go and litchi. Spoke to litchi and was told 2GB ram is the minimum. Asked what processor should I use and was told just get a Nvidia shield or iPad. I don't want them tho lol my phone is 3GB octa core so I will just look for a tablet with the same specs I guess

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

You can find a list of recommended and commonly used devices here. That should help you narrow down your choices.
I finally got a chance to fly with my new NVIDIA Shield K-1 last night, and I got a fair amount of pixelating on the screen after a couple of minutes.
I was flying in a population/housing dense area, near one of our local universities.
I last flew this past Sunday, in a less population dense area of the city, still near the university, and had no issues with my old Samsung Tab S - that was after rolling back my RC Firmware to the previous version.
Winds might prohibit my further testing over the next couple of days, but I do wonder if the K-1 was a better option than the Tab S over the longer term.

I got in to quads way back with the Ar drone and then when the Phantom 2 Came out.
Now its the Advanced but getting the right tablet or mobile device is hard.
If you ask on the DJI website they seem to say only use those on the list.
Then on other sites the list of devices is even bigger. For ever one somebody likes the next hates it.
Who else had this problem?

I'm in the Apple ecosystem so I use iOS devices only, buying the oldest cheapest used iPads that will run DJIs app.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20