Are all the pilots dudes?

Reaction score
I have been learning what I can about flying Phantoms before stepping up from my little learner quadcopters to buy a P3 and what I have noticed is that most, if not all. the pilots seem to be boys and men. Being a woman, I am curious what is causing this imbalance in the genders when it comes to flying drones.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Welcome to the forum Kai .
I think there might be a lot more flying than you think .
I would bet there's more women members here than you think .
They just talk funny :)

hello and welcome
I don't know any of the female Pilots here but there is a few. I'm sure some will jump in later. weather been up & down all over. I have a P3a and love it I started last year with a Syma X5c, then to a X8 then to a cx20 and then into a Phantom 3a. After that I picked up a P2 vision plus. I love that one also.
Love the video's that I can get from them.

Thanks for your comments, guys.
Humm... I'm still a bit doubtful, though, that there are many women pilots out there...
Well, maybe, it is possible, that they do fly but perhaps they are not that interested in the online community aspect of the sport.

[QUOTE=" I have noticed is that most, if not all. the pilots seem to be boys and men

I see posts now and again from women pilots. I know two here in New Mexico, one with an Inspire. Men seem to be dominant on the DJI forums, but I think women may be hesitant to participate or make their presence known, and certainly not because you aren't welcome and a part of the hobby. So let me make it official ... welcome to the forum and the skies.

Thanks for your comments, guys.
Humm... I'm still a bit doubtful, though, that there are many women pilots out there...
Well, maybe, it is possible, that they do fly but perhaps they are not that interested in the online community aspect of the sport.

Are they judging us by our uncanny use of the English language?

I have been learning what I can about flying Phantoms before stepping up from my little learner quadcopters to buy a P3 and what I have noticed is that most, if not all. the pilots seem to be boys and men. Being a woman, I am curious what is causing this imbalance in the genders when it comes to flying drones.

Dani from the Science Channel show Droned. I still haven't figured out if she's a serious flyer or just trying to boost her career with camera time though.

A Dose of Drone Reality | Drone360 Magazine

Kai, its true and goes beyond drones, to,private and commercial pilots as well. The gender ratio is crazy off! I noticed that a few months ago and asked my house mate who is a sociologist. He did some poking around and pilots are one of the most male gender dominated groups out there. I dont think its from any sort of malice but its shocking. Im glad to see you are joining the ranks of female pilots. This dude says "Welcome aboard!"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl