arcachon basin

Wow, way cool! Do you fly with prop guards? The shot going through the little structure at the end of the pier appeared to be very tight. I also thought one of the shots was reversed...???

Great work. I need to practice!

I'd be interested to hear you describe how you accomplished each shot.

Excellent video. Contest winner for sure.
I loved the shot of it flying through the tree and just missing the branch.
For that shot you'd have to have been watching the bird with your eyes and close by.

Thank you for the compliments
Redrydermedia, no I didn t use a prop guards but I was behind just to see if it crossed.I just opposite the shot at the second minute.I am often training back because I think the picture is more fluid.all the scenes were made in view eye, no fpv, even if I have hesitated.sorry for my approximatte english.

Inoxxx said:
Thank you for the compliments
Redrydermedia, no I didn t use a prop guards but I was behind just to see if it crossed.I just opposite the shot at the second minute.I am often training back because I think the picture is more fluid.all the scenes were made in view eye, no fpv, even if I have hesitated.sorry for my approximatte english.

When you say "I am often training back", do you film the shot flying forward and then reverse the video, or do you film with the Quadcopter flying backwards? The long shot that starts at about 2:00 looks like it might have been film forward, but then reversed. It would certainly be easier flying through the tree branches if you were going forward and then following the Quadcopter down the boardwalk. The shot at 1:25 I can see your shadow as you run down the boardwalk. You seem to be staying very close behind the Quadcopter.

When i say "I am often training back" I do my film with the Quadcopter flying backwards.for example the third and fourth shot,i m flying backwards.but the long shot at 2:00,you are reason,it´s more easy to reverse the shot in finalcut.

Inoxxx said:
When i say "I am often training back" I do my film with the Quadcopter flying backwards.for example the third and fourth shot,i m flying backwards.but the long shot at 2:00,you are reason,it´s more easy to reverse the shot in finalcut.

I need to practice both techniques. I will try walking behind my P2V+ while it flies near the ground in front of me and also practice flying backwards. Thanks for the tips! I also need to try more precise flying like through doorways. I think I will leave my prop guards on for that!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4