Apple or local?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So i am going to buy the p4 but i don't know if should buy it from apple or my local RC shop.

Dont get me wrong, i am al about supporting the local stores but there warranty sucks.

So basically a the local rc store if you open the box you cant change it anymore. if anything happens to the drone they just send it to dji and wont help you they have no store warranty at all.

I went to the Apple store and they told me the p4 has 1 year warranty from apple itself. so if i crash it or it turns out my p4 is a bad version ect.. they just give me a new one?

Anyone know what the warranty is like from apple? Id like the support the local rc shop but i am a student and this is all my hard earnd money i saved. And the apple warranty sounds too good to be true

I mean you answered your question right away.

If you can't take it back the second you open it at the local shop, they lose IMO.

Buy from Apple, especially if in Cali.

Apple specifically states that they DO NOT provide the warranty for 3rd party products:
"Warranty
Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.

Warranty: 12 months for remote control and central processor; six months for battery, gimbal camera, and motors; no warranty for frame, propeller, or carrying case."

DJI Phantom 4 Camera Drone

You only get a 14 day no questions asked exchange from the apple store. After that you have to send to DJI for warranty. Apple care wont work because they consider the P4 a computer accessory like a external hard drive. Thats what was explained to me. I actually exchanged a daybafter I bought it due to a hardware malfunction.

so if i crash it
I don't think anyone is going to let you return a crashed Phantom. If you crash your Phantom and the cause was found to be some type of malfunction, DJI will most likely repair it under warranty. You'll have to send your Phantom to DJI though.

As for returning a Phantom in like new condition, Apple gives you 14 days and Amazon gives you 30 days (if the order is fulfilled by Amazon).

Last edited:
You only get a 14 day no questions asked exchange from the apple store. After that you have to send to DJI for warranty. Apple care wont work because they consider the P4 a computer accessory like a external hard drive. Thats what was explained to me. I actually exchanged a daybafter I bought it due to a hardware malfunction.

What malfunction?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31