Apple No Longer Signing iOS 8.4.1 or iOS 9.0.0

Indeed. I found this out a few days ago. I was not aware there are periods of time for these things. Thanks for posting

They kept 8.4.1 available for longer than normal, but they had to since they introduced the 'slide to unlock' bug with 9.0. As soon as they fixed that bug, good-bye 8.4.1 soon afterwards.

Reactions: JoBe
They kept 8.4.1 available for longer than normal, but they had to since they introduced the 'slide to unlock' bug with 9.0. As soon as they fixed that bug, good-bye 8.4.1 soon afterwards.
I downgraded back to 8.4.1 and was then immediately alerted that there was an upgrade to 9.0.1 and that it had been downloaded. I am still on 8,4,1 but I have not yet been alerted about 9.0.2. I am just curious - when the time is right, do I have to upgrade to 9.0.1 first or can I download whatever the latest version is manually, and then install it?

I downgraded back to 8.4.1 and was then immediately alerted that there was an upgrade to 9.0.1 and that it had been downloaded. I am still on 8,4,1 but I have not yet been alerted about 9.0.2. I am just curious - when the time is right, do I have to upgrade to 9.0.1 first or can I download whatever the latest version is manually, and then install it?
The latter.

My devices (all running 8.4.1) are constantly "Suggesting" I update to 9.0.2 but to date I've ignored.

For those who "missed the window", I'm sure there are plenty of people (I'm one of them) who downloaded the v8.4.1 files, and still have then saved on their computers. If you list (here, or in the other thread covering this) which decide you have, someone who had the appropriate file could attach it to an email, & send it to you...or they could get it to you through ftp. Personally, while I've got 9.0.2 installed, I haven't had the opportunity to treat fly it, but I do know that, while some had problems, others didn't. For since unknown reason, the worst "problems" appear to be random.

For those who "missed the window", I'm sure there are plenty of people (I'm one of them) who downloaded the v8.4.1 files, and still have then saved on their computers. If you list (here, or in the other thread covering this) which decide you have, someone who had the appropriate file could attach it to an email, & send it to you...or they could get it to you through ftp. Personally, while I've got 9.0.2 installed, I haven't had the opportunity to treat fly it, but I do know that, while some had problems, others didn't. For since unknown reason, the worst "problems" appear to be random.
All iOS files (ipsw files) back to the earliest versions are readily available on a number of trustworthy sites. If you want to use them via iTunes however, Apple no longer signs off on 8.4.1. To use the 8.4.1 (or earlier) ipsw files, you'd need a jail broken device.

Reactions: JoBe
All iOS files (ipsw files) back to the earliest versions are readily available on a number of trustworthy sites. If you want to use them via iTunes however, Apple no longer signs off on 8.4.1. To use the 8.4.1 (or earlier) ipsw files, you'd need a jail broken device.
Yes, it's the signing of the version by Apple that you are trying to install that is the issue, rather than merely having the iOS file. It "phones home" during the update and won't install any update file that is now "unsigned"/unapproved, unless you jail break the device first.

Yes, it's the signing of the version by Apple that you are trying to install that is the issue, rather than merely having the iOS file. It "phones home" during the update and won't install any update file that is now "unsigned"/unapproved, unless you jail break the device first.

Well then...praying that, when I next fly (using my iPad Mini 2, as I also have my N7 LTE), that everything goes right. I don't care about the "playback mapping errors"...I care about my P3P NOT crashing, flying erratically, having "battery error" messages, etc. I am, however, seriously considering getting a range extender...not to drastically increase my range, but to increase the signal strength. I live in Silicon Valley, and the radio interference can be downright horrible, at times. On a few flights, I've barely passed 1,000ft, and I'm down to one bar (signal and/our video strength)...yet, away from my "home area", I've tested distance to just under 1.5 miles...something you CAN'T do with the Standard...lol

Well then...praying that, when I next fly (using my iPad Mini 2, as I also have my N7 LTE), that everything goes right. I don't care about the "playback mapping errors"...I care about my P3P NOT crashing, flying erratically, having "battery error" messages, etc. I am, however, seriously considering getting a range extender...not to drastically increase my range, but to increase the signal strength. I live in Silicon Valley, and the radio interference can be downright horrible, at times. On a few flights, I've barely passed 1,000ft, and I'm down to one bar (signal and/our video strength)...yet, away from my "home area", I've tested distance to just under 1.5 miles...something you CAN'T do with the Standard...lol
Have you added the channel hack to your iOS device? It might help with the radio interference.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1