Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Apple Blossom Carnival Shoot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gary M, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Gary M

Well, I got a flight in that I was dying to do. I planned quite a mission on Litchi. I knew that the shoot was about 1.75 miles from an airport. The original plan was to come in from 250' AGL dropping to 150' then circling a carnival. When I called the airport to inform them of the flight they told me that I had to stay below 123' AGL due to the relationship of the flight path to where I was shooting. Bummer. Then, I had to inform the local police. They didn't like the idea of me doing it at all, but finally said if I modified my flight plan I could do it. (Not that it was their say whether I could or couldn't to begin with, but I digress...) So, so much for circling the carnival. Had to stay on the South side of it.
    DJI_0005.JPG Anyway, I got some really good video of the carnival that comes along with the Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival in Winchester, Va. I have a ton of editing to do to get about 17 minutes of video cut down to a good length, but here is a still I took until I can get the vid up.

DirtyHarry and von Richthofen like this.
  2. RabanJr

Great shot!
    I was there Wednesday during the day. Looks a lot more lively at night with all the lights.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

3. Gary M

Really? Nice to see a local in the forum. If you were there Wednesday you most likely saw me at some point. I'm actually one of the security guards there. I have a black hat & grey beard, lol! I'm going in today 11-5, stop in and say hi!

4. RabanJr

Awesome. I probably did see you. I remember some security officers with brown jackets.