Apple Blossom Carnival Shoot

Reaction score
Well, I got a flight in that I was dying to do. I planned quite a mission on Litchi. I knew that the shoot was about 1.75 miles from an airport. The original plan was to come in from 250' AGL dropping to 150' then circling a carnival. When I called the airport to inform them of the flight they told me that I had to stay below 123' AGL due to the relationship of the flight path to where I was shooting. Bummer. Then, I had to inform the local police. They didn't like the idea of me doing it at all, but finally said if I modified my flight plan I could do it. (Not that it was their say whether I could or couldn't to begin with, but I digress...) So, so much for circling the carnival. Had to stay on the South side of it.
DJI_0005.JPG
Anyway, I got some really good video of the carnival that comes along with the Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival in Winchester, Va. I have a ton of editing to do to get about 17 minutes of video cut down to a good length, but here is a still I took until I can get the vid up.

Great shot!
I was there Wednesday during the day. Looks a lot more lively at night with all the lights.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Great shot!
I was there Wednesday during the day. Looks a lot more lively at night with all the lights.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Really? Nice to see a local in the forum. If you were there Wednesday you most likely saw me at some point. I'm actually one of the security guards there. I have a black hat & grey beard, lol! I'm going in today 11-5, stop in and say hi!

Really? Nice to see a local in the forum. If you were there Wednesday you most likely saw me at some point. I'm actually one of the security guards there. I have a black hat & grey beard, lol! I'm going in today 11-5, stop in and say hi!

Awesome. I probably did see you. I remember some security officers with brown jackets.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20