Apple and DJI

We were having a discussion about this in another thread and how drones are actually becoming drones in that you just deploy it and it does everything itself.

Which of course begs the question, what will personal drones look like in 30 years?

Frighteningly advanced...

and that article is slightly misleading in that you can get a P3S for $400 which is the cost of decent point and shoot camera. As we all know you get A LOT for $400; camera, video camera on a articulating gimbal mounted to a relatively advanced quadcopter packed with features.

If a P3S would have been around when I was a kid, I would have pooped myself. All I could get for $400 was an RC10 with an analog speed controller that broke all the time

Last edited:
Reactions: heyjack19
The only remote controlled toy available when I was a kid was a Lionel electric train, and I was plenty thrilled to get that. The concept of a personal drone in those days was found only in science fiction comic books.

Yeah would have been nice to have these drones nowadays as a kid that's for sure. When I was a kid I got a grasshopper rc car and I was the coolest kid on the block. At least I thought so lol.

I held out for the RC10!

but man.... the Tamiya Grasshopper - that takes me back...

Here's my plan:

1- Purchase a ridiculously expensive drone
2- Point a gopro at my ridiculously expensive drone as I intentionally crash my ridiculously expensive against a cinderblock wall
3- Post a video of the crash (using the camera on the bird and the gopro) on youtube
4- Get over 1,000,000 views on youtube
5- $$$ flows in
6- Retire

You can't do that with a Lionel train...

Cheers

Reactions: Indiana Scott
Yeah would have been nice to have these drones nowadays as a kid that's for sure. When I was a kid I got a grasshopper rc car and I was the coolest kid on the block. At least I thought so lol.

Sent from my SM-S975L using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not even close. When I was a kid I was the coolest kid. I had a 1970 65CC BENELLI MINI BIKE, I was a Bad ***!

Yeah would have been cool to have had a mini bike. I did have a go kart with a 5hp briggs on it till I got in trouble with it and my mother sold it. The neighbor kids and I thought it would be cool to pour about ten quarts of used motor oil on a corner of a subdivision street. So that we could come down it hauling *** and pull the handle bar ebrake it had and do 360 s. But the cops thought otherwise and fined my mother a 1000 dollars over it all. They had to even have a dot crew come clean it up. Good thing epa wasn't a big issue back then can only imagine what they would do to someone's parents nowadays.

Sent from my SM-S975L using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers