Apparently im a paedophile

Reaction score
So I decide to take my P3P out to the field behind my house which has a kids park there to practise my flying, it's not an ideal place to fly but saves jumping in a car. IM in the UK and there is a huge field ounce the owner but we are not allowed to fly there because of dog walkers complained. Contacted the Bracknell council who were very apologetic but could not ell us where else to fly. So I have been looking at clubs ect.

Anyway, decided to go out, there was no children around , if there would b then I wold not fly . I am a videographer,photographer and an animator, I am crb checked and do a lot for schools in the area, so I'm flying and two women with their dogs start shouting at me, I decided to ignore them and land so I can chat.
Straight away they are calling me a Paedophile and tell me stop filling, I replied that I was not filming and only taken 2 pictures at around 200 feet up, they were not interested in seeing them to prove the point, they said a young boy lived here and plays out often , I replied saying his name as my son plays with him , that made her attack me more verbally and this went on for 10 mins, people walking by looking at me and hear her calling my a Paedophile constantly didn't help. I feel this is not going to get any better.
Needed to rant.
Thanks

Here in israel you can sue a person like that for defamation, Because she called you a Thief/Pedo/Rapist whatever without a judge convicting you. Are there similar laws in the UK?

1923466.jpg

Sorry to hear of your harrowing experience. I too use my local rec for practice. If there are families in the children's play area I always approach them first to check that they are comfortable with me flying. They usually ask if they can watch!

I can only assume that your dog walkers have personal issues to create such a strong reaction. It sounds like you did all you could in the circumstances. Next time, just remind them that dog faeces can cause blindness in children if it contaminates a play area, and that there is a young boy that plays in the park often, making them paedophobes!

It's hard to get anywhere trying to engage someone so ignorant in rational discussion.
Just ignore them and try to avoid them as much as possible.
If they ever tried to take things further, they are going to have a hard time convincing anyone of anything.

Reactions: dkyacht
Looking into it, going to take a GoPro with me to catch these people, when I went to get my phone and record and call the police they went off . This is after weeks taking to the council to find out where we can fly

I know this wouldn't have helped probably but I think I would have called the police. You were doing nothing wrong and she was verbally attacking you. Seems like I hear more and more of these stories

Reactions: nickyb
Love the pic , it's going to go on my phone, did remind them about their dog. Apparently I was dressed like a paedophile , trousers and a tee shirt, need to wear a suit while flying

I went to get my phone off the phantom and take a pic and call but they went off

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate really sorry to hear that I had a very similar experience where an angry/irate old man came up to me yelling claiming I was filming his son he swiped at the controller while the bird was still airborne.I explained that if he touched it again I would break his plastic hip.After my attempts as yours did to communicate calmly and explain the drones technology failed I came to the realization that some people out there especially the older technophobes are never going to be convinced of what you are saying.To them they have seen military drones with there high powered zoom cameras and are convinced ours are the same and that the only reason you would buy a drone is to spy on people.After an incident like this it will take you time to process it and if like me you will be angry about the situation for some time.Just don't let them win, keep flying for it is they who are the ones breaking the law by publicly defaming you.

Looking back I wish as you probably did that I would of just said" if you think I'm breaking the law call the police ...now f!@# off!!!

Last edited:
Totally out of order on the dog walkers part. I think you did everything you could to explain what you was doing and was polite about it. There are some complete idiots on this planet. Watch out these people don't go to the local paper, writing in...be on your guard and issue a law suit against them if they continue.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
I would of called my wife on her, she would of given a piece of mind for calling her husband a peado LoL

Ok back to topic, 99.9% of the time I'm flying in the Park/Field my wife and kids are theredoing there thing so it's not much of an issue.

Well done for keeping your cool, I think I would of told them to f..off then totally ignored them, as for someone actually trying to get physical........hopefully being 6" and 250lbs would make them think twice. So far all my encounters with the general public have been very positive.

Reactions: D4T_PoM
should have turned on your VPS and hovered over the dogs and see if the bitches walking them react to ultrasonic frequencies...

Reactions: bbfpv
Keep cool, they are now buried in my back garden, lol
But it has really annoyed me, but thanks for all the input, I called 101 in the uk , which is non police emergency and they say, they there completely wrong, but if I want to go flying call them and they will take my details and and give a reference number so if anyone does this again the tell them to call 101 and quote the ref number, may be worth thinking about

Reactions: Ti22 and D4T_PoM
Apparently im a paedophile
Now that's one hellava way to start a topic off ! o_O

Keep cool, they are now buried in my back garden, lol
But it has really annoyed me, but thanks for all the input, I called 101 in the uk , which is non police emergency and they say, they there completely wrong, but if I want to go flying call them and they will take my details and and give a reference number so if anyone does this again the tell them to call 101 and quote the ref number, may be worth thinking about

Sad that you have to go through the hassle of calling someone before you fly, but I guess that's what we are going to have to start doing to protect ourselves. I wish that there could be some kind of Global Drone Education class, that teaches everyone on this planet the REAL details of our hobby... ugh....

I work as a computer technician for a school department, and was talking to a cop that visits the schools on his daily routine, and I told him I had a quad his eyes lit up. He wants to know when I will fly cause he wants to see it. He actually asked if I could use it for the sports games at the schools (I'm a sports photographer so I shoot games when I can). I actually had to tell him no, because of being a distraction and all that.... it's great to have the police on my side for once.. lol

Loads of neighbours here have heard and they think they know these people so they are going to go out to take a picture of them and tell them how wrong they are. Funny thing was that show said a boy that lives near by always plays in the park, I replied with the child's name and then the abuse started again saying I bet you have a picture of him, I replied " yes I do" which wound her up, " and I have a picture of his 2 brothers and his parents as I did a family photo shoot for them" but in her eyes I'm till a pedo , a great responds from all my neighbors

Sad that you have to go through the hassle of calling someone before you fly, but I guess that's what we are going to have to start doing to protect ourselves. I wish that there could be some kind of Global Drone Education class, that teaches everyone on this planet the REAL details of our hobby... ugh....

I work as a computer technician for a school department, and was talking to a cop that visits the schools on his daily routine, and I told him I had a quad his eyes lit up. He wants to know when I will fly cause he wants to see it. He actually asked if I could use it for the sports games at the schools (I'm a sports photographer so I shoot games when I can). I actually had to tell him no, because of being a distraction and all that.... it's great to have the police on my side for once.. lol

We've had a couple games where both coaches want it done... once the coaches tell the parents that they want the tape for training... everyone is on board... we had not one holdout. Both coaches get usb drives, AND we'll cut the plays up for them as well to save them LOTS of editing time. Seeing buildups, attacks and counter-attacks from 30-40 % offset is SO much better.

Reactions: Reed L
So I decide to take my P3P out to the field behind my house which has a kids park there to practise my flying, it's not an ideal place to fly but saves jumping in a car. IM in the UK and there is a huge field ounce the owner but we are not allowed to fly there because of dog walkers complained. Contacted the Bracknell council who were very apologetic but could not ell us where else to fly. So I have been looking at clubs ect.

Anyway, decided to go out, there was no children around , if there would b then I wold not fly . I am a videographer,photographer and an animator, I am crb checked and do a lot for schools in the area, so I'm flying and two women with their dogs start shouting at me, I decided to ignore them and land so I can chat.
Straight away they are calling me a Paedophile and tell me stop filling, I replied that I was not filming and only taken 2 pictures at around 200 feet up, they were not interested in seeing them to prove the point, they said a young boy lived here and plays out often , I replied saying his name as my son plays with him , that made her attack me more verbally and this went on for 10 mins, people walking by looking at me and hear her calling my a Paedophile constantly didn't help. I feel this is not going to get any better.
Needed to rant.
Thanks
Solicitors letter should do the trick.....defamation, harassment etc.

We've had a couple games where both coaches want it done... once the coaches tell the parents that they want the tape for training... everyone is on board... we had not one holdout. Both coaches get usb drives, AND we'll cut the plays up for them as well to save them LOTS of editing time. Seeing buildups, attacks and counter-attacks from 30-40 % offset is SO much better.

Yea, I bet that helped a lot. I am just afraid of being a distraction. But apparently everyone else here doesn't think so... We'll see. Maybe I can take off from their parking lot and go high enough where there's no noise... Good info there though, thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1