Apparent Interference

Reaction score
Hi. My P4 is about 2 months old now. Ever since I've purchased it I have received interference on the mobile device display. This is usually green or purple horizontal bars that take a 20% of the screen. I've checked that I'm using the current software do both the drone and the control.

If I select a manual channel I do not experience the same issue, but appear to have a reduced range.

I have receive the same problem when using the following mobile devices:
Samsung S5
Samsung Tab A
HTC M8

Any ideas guys?

Hi. My P4 is about 2 months old now. Ever since I've purchased it I have received interference on the mobile device display. This is usually green or purple horizontal bars that take a 20% of the screen. I've checked that I'm using the current software do both the drone and the control.

If I select a manual channel I do not experience the same issue, but appear to have a reduced range.

I have receive the same problem when using the following mobile devices:
Samsung S5
Samsung Tab A
HTC M8

Any ideas guys?
I had that exact problem when trying to use my iPad Mini. Problem solved when I switched to iPhone 6 and iPad Pro. My Mini (orginal version) just didn't have the processor power to handle the video.

Make sure you're using a top-quality USB cable to connect to those devices.

Reactions: Simon1976
Samsung is an awful device to use with the drones, imho. I have two of them and they both break up video and the longer they run, the worse it gets once hot. At one time, the phone re-booted just plugging it into the RC unit, but somewhere in the past month some Samsung/Google update addressed the re-boot matter on mine, but it still lags the video at times. I think Samsung over-bloats the Android OS with too many background apps to the point they drain batteries quickly, overheat (S7 fiasco?) and the DJI GO, and most autonomous flying apps, take a lot of resources to work and the OS fails to keep up.

I learned while reading Autologic's Autopilot manual that even iOS can overheat with their app and when it does, iOS throttles down the speed of the processor to cool down at the expense of the app. They warn if the flight becomes erratic and the app becomes sluggish, to cancel the mission and app and land ASAP (Aside, my Samsung S6 when it began breaking up video and lagging, the buttons failed to respond for several seconds too, and the Samsung tablet gets so bad it needs to be restarted!). Also, if the Apple device isn't powerful enough, they too could have issues. They told me their preference was the Apple ipad Pro + Cellular, but I bought the iPad Air 2 + Cellular that works so far. Live and learn.

Not all Samsung products are bad... I like iOS tablets hands down, but when it comes to phones, prefer Android. Using both systems gives me the best of both worlds.

I prefer using my iPad Pro as my main device because of the larger, brighter, less reflective screen. But, I do occasionally use my Samsung Galaxy 4 phone. I'm approaching 200 flights, and neither device has ever given me any problems.

I hate IOS. I am an Android fan through and through. I bought an iPad Pro 'cause it worked sooo much better with my P4. Note: My Note 4 worked pretty darn good but too small of a screen. Now I use it as a mobile hot spot for the iPad. The Samsung Tablet S2 wouldn't work at all.

NoCo Drones

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20