App that removes unwanted apps

Reaction score
There was a post here I saw about a month ago that mentioned of an app that will remove unwanted background apps from devices and I cannot find the post anymore and I can't remember the name of the app. Can anyone help?

Basically I have a Samsung galaxy Tab A 6 7" and all I'm going to use it for is for the phantom, so to make sure it performs quicker

Thanks

John

Hi Solly,
If you want to use it as a dedicated drone tablet, I'd suggest a full reset of the tablet. I've done the same with a Moto G 3rd gen and use it without a SIM. You can uninstall most apps by long press and drag them to the 'uninstall' icon that appears. Be aware that some so-called app removers are malware.

Reactions: anotherlab
I'd suggest a full reset of the tablet.
I just bought this today brand new.
You can uninstall most apps by long press and drag them to the 'uninstall' icon that appears.
I know how to uninstall them, but there are apps that you can't uninstall this way. There was an app someone mentioned that did this, otherwise I will have to root it and do it that way. I have rooted many androids (and iOS) so it's no huge issue. I would rather do it without rooting though

Just FYI, I have the same tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2016, 7") and so far it has worked flawlessly with my P3S, without the need to disable any stock app or service. Having said this, if you find a way to make the tablet more responsive, please post how you did it.

I use CCleaner on both androids and PC ..... cleans out left over bits and pieces after uninstalls.

Nigel

Just FYI, I have the same tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2016, 7") and so far it has worked flawlessly with my P3S
I am really glad you told me this because I wasn't sure how it would go, thanks.

I will still try and do what I have in mind and de-bloat it. It can only be good for it.

In android, you can disable them easily in the Settings under Application Manager. Click "all", uncheck or disable the notification option, then click on "disable". This does not uninstall them, but it does disable them completely.

Reactions: Goodwrench
Problem is that you still have a cluttered memory and storage that affects Video Lag and other functions. The common answer from people is get better higher performing machine ... but that is a 'band-aid' solution. The problem is there but covered up.

The secret to having good performance is basically to dedicate a machine to a job and surprisingly you can get away with a lower spec machine. Stop adding apps to the machine !

Disabling them is only a partial solution and leaves so much still clogging up memory.

If you want good performance and don't use apps - DELETE them totally !! That is Uninstall and then run CCLeaner to remove the chaff left behind.

You might be amazed at speed of your machine !!

I regularly CClean my androids because surfing on them really clogs them up and you watch page loads slow to a crawl !!

Nigel

Problem is that you still have a cluttered memory and storage that affects Video Lag and other functions. The common answer from people is get better higher performing machine ... but that is a 'band-aid' solution. The problem is there but covered up.

The secret to having good performance is basically to dedicate a machine to a job and surprisingly you can get away with a lower spec machine. Stop adding apps to the machine !

Disabling them is only a partial solution and leaves so much still clogging up memory.

If you want good performance and don't use apps - DELETE them totally !! That is Uninstall and then run CCLeaner to remove the chaff left behind.

You might be amazed at speed of your machine !!

I regularly CClean my androids because surfing on them really clogs them up and you watch page loads slow to a crawl !!

Nigel

I agree with this idea. Just one thing to add. After removing all unwanted apps, turn off all updates.

Shut app from play store I use, it kills everything in backround. You can also turn on developer options by going into settings then about tablet then click on build number 7x. It will enable developer options,go into that and scroll down till you see 3 sets of transitions. Put them all at 0 and it will speed up from going to one thing to another and when opening and closing apps. Then go into application manager and disable all the apps you can't delete since your not rooted.
I would root it and then delete everything you don't need though cause the tablet for flying would work way better. You can always root and delete everything then unroot. Almost all root process are 1 click now a days.

I just looked real fast and you can probably root with cf auto root. You just flash in a program called Odin on pc and you'll be fully rooted. It's a lot easier now then a few years ago. Just throwing out your options.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T807A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
There was no other real way of doing it so I ended up rooting the tab and then installing "System app remover" from the playstore, which needs root access to work. I will have a play with it and let you know of its performance. I didn't delete too many things, basically all the Samsung crap and free apps that weren't needed

Reactions: Matts175
There was no other real way of doing it so I ended up rooting the tab and then installing "System app remover" from the playstore, which needs root access to work. I will have a play with it and let you know of its performance. I didn't delete too many things, basically all the Samsung crap and free apps that weren't needed
To be honest that is the best and easiest way,glad it worked out for you. Keep us posted on how it works so maybe others can see another option for a tablet. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T807A using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is interesting - even with older android versions where various apps need root - I have never had to root for deleting apps.
I have simp.y used the apps uninstall command then run Ccleaner afterwards to remove the bits and pieces left behind.

Nigel

I'm not saying you HAVE TO root. All I'm saying is there are only certain apps you can remove without having root access. Most system apps need root access to remove, and Samsung along with other manufacturers make sure they put plenty of crap on there that can't be removed, again unless you have root access

No argument .... just never had to use Root ... except when i wanted to have screen recorder on a 4.2 android ... which didnt work anyway !!!

I have Samsung ... Prestigio .... Nexus ..... various Banggood androids ... in fact quite a few !! and all have uninstalled apps without Root and the Ccleaner run to 'vacuum' up the crumbs !

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj