App Store review delays ground DJI's new Phantom 3 drone

Reaction score
"An apparently lengthy and stringent Apple App Store review process has held up the release of an app required to connect iOS devices to DJI's Phantom 3 drone camera, leading to frustration among owners of the new device."

Source: AppleInsider

Android and iOS DJI Pilot apps are both delayed..

Android 2-3 weeks
iOS 4-5 weeks

Android and iOS DJI Pilot apps are both delayed..

Android 2-3 weeks
iOS 4-5 weeks
Huh?? Android delayed? You must not have read the article:

"In the interim, owners of the new Phantom 3 have been advised to use an Android device, if they can, to interact with the Phantom 3. The latest version of DJI's app is already available on the Google Play Store."

I thought it was the DJI pilot app? Is there a few apps then?

There must be some other issues with the app than just slow review, because Apple usually handles apps like DJI Pilot with high priority. They really don't want their iOS users to turn to Android just because their review is so slow.

Thank goodness I've got both!

Just don't have a P3P, yet...

It is reported that 3000 people work at DJI, I would think that more resources could have been used in working through this Problem with the Apple App Store at a much earlier date than waiting till after the Launch of the P3. What I don't understand is there being a DJI Pilot App for the Inspire already accepted and that the P3 version was just an upgrade or update to that app.
Come on DJI get your act together.

I was able to update my android app to 1.0.10 but my iPad is still running 1.0.3. Hopefully they'll update this soon.

Sounds like the DJI consumer beta testing program is still in affect..... How they can continue to do this is beyond me.

Same here...looks like our wait is going to be for the app and those that ordered the Advanced model won't be too jealous of our shelf queens.

Yeah, blame it on Apple or what have you, DJI was clearly not ready for release.

What a mess of a launch.

Reactions: MSBBL
Yeah, blame it on Apple or what have you, DJI was clearly not ready for release.

What a mess of a launch.

Exactly. Have you seen the manual posted yet? So are we really buying that the delay in the app is Apple's fault? This new Phantom was hyped like an Apple product, I wish it was rolled out as smoothly.

Maybe they pulled and reworked the app to include Groundstation and POI!!
:: commence epic eyeroll::

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31