App kicks me out

Reaction score
So whenever I try to adjust the camera angle on the app using the up and down arrows, the app will kick me out and I will have to go into the app again. It will move the camera slightly because there is a lag between when I touch the arrow and the time it kicks out. Any pointers?

I have the same problem with the new iPhone app 1.0.46, and apparently many others do too. There was another thread about upgrading the camera firmware to make the app work. They say you have to download the firmware file and rename it, but it still wouldn't update the camera for me. I'm going to try to roll back the app version, and turn off automatic app updates until this is fixed.

There is a six page t
hread on this in the GD section. Same thing is happening to everybody. I saw one or two people say that the battery meter gives an inaccurate reading as well. It will show you 80% battery and withing seconds drop to 5% battery and send the Phantom into emergency landing. One poor guy was over the ocean when this happened and lost his bird. I uninstalled it and installed the old version which I had backed up on my itunes and its working fine now. I will wait a few weeks until they get the bugs worked out to try and upgrade again. I have learned that it is a smart practice to wait a while before doing ANY upgrades to see what kind of feedback comes out. IMO DJI should get these problems worked out before they release the updates, especially if it is causing people to lose their investment.

Wish there was something we as consumers could do to hold them to some kind of standards.

dirkclod said:
MikeON said:
I have the same problem with the new iPhone app 1.0.46, and apparently many others do too. There was another thread about upgrading the camera firmware to make the app work. They say you have to download the firmware file and rename it, but it still wouldn't update the camera for me. I'm going to try to roll back the app version, and turn off automatic app updates until this is fixed.
That's what I did Mike and here is the other thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33791 ;)

this update for the camera is strictly for the plus version correct?

1st_time_flyer said:
dirkclod said:
MikeON said:
That's what I did Mike and here is the other thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33791 ;)

this update for the camera is strictly for the plus version correct?

I believe that is correct...The Phantom 2 Vision Camera FC200 is still at 1.19 since 2014-01-20

So it looks to me the latest OS update has a BUG and it kicks me out soon as I tilt up or down....
Could someone please point me to the link where I can read about installing earlier version on Iphone 4S?
Thanks...

In my case, I just deleted 1.0.46 from my iPhone 5. Then in iTunes, 1.0.43 was still there because I had not synched the phone since the auto-install of 1.0.46. Just drag the DJI icon in iTunes to the phone icon and sync. Be sure to turn off auto-update first. Had to re-enter my user name and password in the app.
If the old version isn't showing in iTunes, it might be in the Recycle Bin and could be restored from there, then proceed as above.

MikeON, My setting were that the app got updated and since then I deleted the trash. Is there any way you can shoot me a copy of 1.4.3?

Please PM me.

Thanks MikeON - you got me thinking about where a 1.0.43 copy was...

While you sent me the file (thanks, thanks, thanks....), I had to look and I found an older installed copy of 1.0.43 on my Mac using my Time Machine backup feature.

Loaded time machine, went to PC "your name or what you call your PC" -> Music ->iTunes-> iTunes Media-> Mobile Application and copied the DJI 1.0.04.3.ipa file. Went out of Time Machine and copied to desktop, then loaded iTunes, went to "my Apps" on Mac, deleted DJI 1.0.46, moved DJI 1.0.43 into same iTune window, shut down iTunes, rebooted (don't know if you have to do this but it felt good), deleted DJI 1.0.46 from iPhone, connected iPhone to Mac, launched iTunes and when reviewing the "apps" to install to iPhone (iPhone app window) clicked install on the DJI Vision app and guess what...

Walah.. I'm flying again today wo camera crash, as before this messy auto upgrade - which BTW will never happen again. I'm to old to be a guinea pig for untested software....

Now to wait to see what the "official" update will be.... and to think I was told to "send it in"

mad in nc, any chance you could sent me the earlier version of this app for pc please...?
I do not have it in my ITunes, only the new one is there....
Thanks

brushlesheaven, PM sent with link to you

It did not work. The file I have from you can be only authorize by your apple iTunes user and password.
It has your info encrypted somehow and iTunes are rejecting it....
So I am back to the drawing board and have no clue where to download the older version from....
Any more ideas other than waiting for the next update?
Thank You

I am having the same problem with my iphone 6plus. I just did the shielding mod to my GPS and thought that was the problem but it sounds like it is the app.

gcbuss said:
I am having the same problem with my iphone 6plus. I just did the shielding mod to my GPS and thought that was the problem but it sounds like it is the app.
Did you do the v3.10 firmware upgrade? Do you have a Vision or Vision+ ?

I have a Vision. I have version 3.08 firmware and I was going to update but it was not downloading correctly. Should I install 3.10?

I was experiencing the same problem after the app was automatically updated. You have to connect your Phantom to your computer and have all the firmwares updated in the Phantom Assistant. Also you have to upgrade the range extender by going to "Upgrade Range Extender" in the Settings in the DJI Vision App. That's because the updated app is only working fine with updated firmwares. The app will work like before after you did everything updated.

I was trying to install 3.10 today but I keep getting DOWNLOAD ERROR and update will not continue...
Tried few times but as always DJI had to do some kind of screw up and it will not work for now.
The announcement window is empty also. In normal conditions there is some staff to read in there but this time is empty.
Will try in few days.... ( getting fed up with their software capabilities )
I did the repeater update and the iOS app is still crashing. Android works great.
The iOS app is the problem...

gcbuss said:
Were you able to get 3.10 to install?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31