App issue (may be confused with firmware issue)

Reaction score
Hope this helps DJI fix the issues... related to the gimbal overload and 'no signal' / no video issues. I hope you can revert back to a previous version of the app that worked better...

"I think the video issue may be related to the new 1.20 version of the app instead of the firmware of the drone (which probably cause instability). I have 1.1.9 on the drone which seems pretty stable. There seems to be a bug where the gimbal does not initialise properly... and no signal is sent to ipad app...??? Try to point the drone down and around.... so that the gimbal 'resets itself'. This seems to restore the video somewhat at times. Also, make sure hardware is enabled. This improved the video throughput somewhat. The gimbal resetting itself seems to be very related to the no video feed / no signal error. As far as the gimbal overload... this seems to be improved (though not totally done away with) if you totally remove the app and reinstall it fresh. I have version 1.1.9 of the DRONE firmware and this seems to make the drone fairly stable. The issue with the video seems to be the app. DJI needs to remove the bloatware video editing functionality.... and give us an app that works... like in the earlier versions of the app. I don't care to have background video editing. JUST GIVE US AN APP THAT FLIES AND RECORDS. :) "

There may be a relation to the app ot having enough processing power to do everything... Also, I got a new battery... not sure if this started the no signal issues...

Looking forward to a new app update beyond 1.20 that fixes these. Firmware of the drone 1.1.9 seems pretty stable most times.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31