App i use for wind

Reaction score
Whoops dunno what happened to my original post.
Anyways that is pretty cool, thanks for posting it up :)

I've got an android phone and I couldn't see it in the playsore, but if you google it its available..So it seems like its not supported on my phone.
Had a look for 20 mins for other apps, can't see anything as specific as yours. Looks good, shame I can't use :/

I was looking on google and someone mentioned this app 'alpine quest' have you used/heard of it ? It looks very similar to yours in the pic.

Going to outside now for cig break and to see if it works...

Hmmm nah it doesn't display the wind.. but looks very cool if you are into hiking... which I am not heh.

yay I finally got it. Works nicely.
I had to go the long way around and download the apk then transfer it to my phone.

If anyone else wants it and can't access it via the playstore, you can get the apk from here
https://worldapks.com/get/com.antlerins ... /mirror/3/

I'm using an S5.

Thanks agian for posting it up :)

Actually after using it for 5 mins I can see why playstore didn't want me to have it hehe. It crashes when you try to do alot of things... The positive is the wind function is the only part that works perfectly.

Hmmm why is it so popular ? There are heaps of people talking about it on random forums ?
Besides the wind / weahter what else does it do ? Looks like you can mark a "secret" spot... but besides that ???
I must be missing something lol... Like the wind thing is cool, but its not amazing / life changing lol

The hunt thing crashed at first, but then I marked a spot and the hunt thingo worked, so just a little bug there. I've got a Samsung.. 4s is iphone ya ?

Thanks for posting. Wind speed is one of the most important variables to consider before flying and this may be very helpful. Will try it stat. :)

I found it on playstore, but it says "not available in your country" :?

The one I use is called WindAlert.

dirkclod said:
Hughie said:

Sorry about that bro, I just take it we all have the same stuff :oops:
No problem. Thanks for posting anyway. It is nice to learn what others are using.

dirkclod said:
To bad, I don't hike but do run ! Like the Fridge or bathroom or from somebody ....Naaaa ;)

I can relate! :)

How do I mark a spot by using the map ?
It wants me to enter gps coordinates, or mark my current location. Do I need to goto the spot and mark it when I am there ?
No problems if I do, as its my usual spot.. just annoying cause how the hell would I no the GPS coordinates.. I could get them, but would be sooo much easier if I could just click on the map some how ?

Hughie said:

You can download the APK from here
https://worldapks.com/get/com.antlerins ... /mirror/3/

All though when I went there on my phone I couldn't get it.. So I had to download on PC and transfer to the Phone then install.

Playing with that Wind Alert program someone suggested.. Its not bad , pretty good :)

Here is the App I use to judge wind speed:

Attachments

• file.jpg
    file.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,312
I use a pocket wind meter for measuring wind speed at my flight location. Don't really like flying in wind higher then 15mph. Many times the wind speed at home is completely different then wind speed at flying locations. I fly in mountains at times so wind speed and direction is important. Its frustrating to pack up the gear and drive 20 miles to fly and then find out the wind speed is to high for flying. When that happens I usually go back home and fly a few blocks from home. Flying in the same place gets boring after awhile. Wonder how accurate wind info is for precise locations with these apps.

enterprise1 said:
I use a pocket wind meter for measuring wind speed at my flight location. Don't really like flying in wind higher then 15mph. Many times the wind speed at home is completely different then wind speed at flying locations. I fly in mountains at times so wind speed and direction is important. Its frustrating to pack up the gear and drive 20 miles to fly and then find out the wind speed is to high for flying. When that happens I usually go back home and fly a few blocks from home. Flying in the same place gets boring after awhile. Wonder how accurate wind info is for precise locations with these apps.
I also often fly in the mountains and wind weather can be different from where I live. I use weather underground because not only do I get wind forecast but I can pick some weather station near the area where I fly which will give me wind details sometimes as recent as the last 5 minutes as well as trend info on gusts http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/fin ... &sp=MD4935 It helps me to know before I leave my house for a 30 min drive to fly

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31