App footprint flags

• Thread starter Deleted member 62848
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62848

Hi was just reading up on some flags in app,,can someone shed proper light on this,,does it mean country you fly in or carbon footprint or what ?? Some posts I just read to check say it's the country you fly in,if so, I love the states but not been there yet,it can't be travel distance or all flag be different,,,can someone confirm what they are please....yip 2 screen shots here together
20181210_104716.jpg

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Hi was just reading up on some flags in app,,can someone shed proper light on this
Can't really say for sure but I will say that DJI Go has a lot of as they say "bloat ware" in the app. Completely useless information In my opinion. I really don't understand why they don't concentrate more on the "Flight Characteristics" than to put all of that useless garbage in the app. That is why I dropped GO, quite a while back. I only fly with Litchi exclusively now and that is one of the reasons for that. It is simply ridiculous and in many instances "who cares" what the garbage means. It is completely irrelevant to the purpose of the app to begin with.

Can't really say for sure but I will say that DJI Go has a lot of as they say "bloat ware" in the app. Completely useless information In my opinion. I really don't understand why they don't concentrate more on the "Flight Characteristics" than to put all of that useless garbage in the app. That is why I dropped GO, quite a while back. I only fly with Litchi exclusively now and that is one of the reasons for that. It is simply ridiculous and in many instances "who cares" what the garbage means. It is completely irrelevant to the purpose of the app to begin with.
Yes totally agree was just curious ,yes litchi installed aswell,just been using go4 for little while...sorry I know bit of a dumb question but if don't ask I don't know,,

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
.sorry I know bit of a dumb question but if don't ask I don't know,,
Absolutely correct on that. Always ask before guessing. ;)

I’m in Australia & only have an [emoji1037] flag in my footprint (as I’d expect) so pretty sure it’s supposed to be the country you fly in.

Hi was just reading up on some flags in app,,can someone shed proper light on this,,does it mean country you fly in or carbon footprint or what ?? Some posts I just read to check say it's the country you fly in,if so, I love the states but not been there yet,it can't be travel distance or all flag be different,,,can someone confirm what they are please....
I'm not sure about that screenshot and what that means.
I've flown in two countries and I have one flag for each.

I'm not sure about that screenshot and what that means.
I've flown in two countries and I have one flag for each.
Ah ok ,screenshot displayed 2 photos,I not load the 3rd for p34k,,,for some reason even after many reinstall attempt etc to try fix ,,,yes p4 displays nz flag and p3s on same device with djigo displays nz and USA,not a bad issue but was curious, yes I sync flights ,,I must fly there in me sleep

Reactions: Loz
I worded badly, I said where one flies, should have said country where one has flown (footprint being the metaphor). Wonder where it is sourced from - I’m guessing from the same location logic that determines FCC or CE communication standard to be used between RC & AC. And a further guess is that’s determined from AC once a GPS fix / home point is recorded by app. As you say Ian not a big issue but a curiosity.

DJI did have (and as far as I know still does) horrible problems with history. I've only had one drone, a P3s, but my app says that I've had 3. Its all screwed up, so it wouldn't surprise me that it shows yours as being in a foreign land.

DJI did have (and as far as I know still does) horrible problems with history. I've only had one drone, a P3s, but my app says that I've had 3. Its all screwed up, so it wouldn't surprise me that it shows yours as being in a foreign land.
LOL yes see where I am tommorow,,,I had 4 phantoms so got flags everwhere,to clever for its own good,,just add this pic again cause it seems appropriate ,it's being like smart tvs,probly doing its own thing while I sleeping,,could explain sometimes when put charged batt in,its not charged fully.
20181012_223513.png

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Update,,we'll just had flight,,look where I am now lol ..I not sure but could be British flag,,corect if me wrong cause I not know
20181211_201853.jpg

Very weird, don’t think it’s British flag there though [emoji636]
OK I have to study it,,yes strange ay,now looked before on flight hours gone back to 76 with the 3 flags,,lol,,wonder where tommorows flight goes to,,I update if different ,I should have got curious,,they say curiosity killed the cat,,,wonder what else I miss in app better have good look at me settings

I just add this pic,,I just screenshot it now,,I tryed reinstall app couple times but stayed like this and I notice flight hours was different compared to post #11...I'm sure it confused itself,,it don't drink so Duno what up
20181211_222856.jpg

Have you got more than one signon to the app? (Meaning different info with each signon) Or are you synchronising app flight records with DJI server ( I’m thinking you must be) seriously weird if yes..
(Either way that’s a lot of flights) [emoji106]

Today's flight I lost a flag,,the USA flag dissappear,,great fun with a seagull though(no seagulls were harmed or drones
dji1544566040144.jpg
screen_e0d4907c5ac939fb_1544565640000.jpg

If you're on Android, go to Settings/Apps/DJI Go4/Storage/Clear Data. You will need to set the app up again, but short of removing it and re-installing, it's a good way to clear things up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj