App disconnects frequently since new firmware update

Reaction score
I know this has been a problem with others, but I was wondering if anyone is suddenly having this issue since the newest firmware version upgrade? Many times I start everything up and the app just says disconnected. Then suddenly it starts working. I will be flying around and it will disconnect for maybe 30 seconds then connects again. While disconnected I still have control of the aircraft with the RC but nothing on the app. Doesn't do it all the time. I flew out earlier today to 14K' and connected the whole time. Next flight closer and it disconnects constantly. Before it used to launch the app automatically but now most flights it says disconnected at the beginning all the time.

P3A, Samsung S6, hdmi module. Aftermarket cable but I don't think that is the cause because it was working fine for months prior.

Any suggestions - thanks.

Reactions: aerea
I know this has been a problem with others, but I was wondering if anyone is suddenly having this issue since the newest firmware version upgrade? Many times I start everything up and the app just says disconnected. Then suddenly it starts working. I will be flying around and it will disconnect for maybe 30 seconds then connects again. While disconnected I still have control of the aircraft with the RC but nothing on the app. Doesn't do it all the time. I flew out earlier today to 14K' and connected the whole time. Next flight closer and it disconnects constantly. Before it used to launch the app automatically but now most flights it says disconnected at the beginning all the time.

P3A, Samsung S6, hdmi module. Aftermarket cable but I don't think that is the cause because it was working fine for months prior.

Hah! You're lucky. I haven't been able to even connect my aircraft with the RC. My update said failed. I tried to do it again, but it just keeps saying update failed. No fix yet.

Hah! You're lucky. I haven't been able to even connect my aircraft with the RC. My update said failed. I tried to do it again, but it just keeps saying update failed. No fix yet.
I think you are more lucky as you atlas know the problem.

Reactions: NRJ
BRAND NEW P3P, using latest version (March 2016) DJIGO App on an iPhone 6, as soon as I took it out of the box and plugged the phone to the RC the RC started making 1990's modem noises which turned out to be it updating, then the app said everything else needed updating, once completed it all seemed to work and connect but upon walking 2 meters away I get the red disconnected notice. I was not confident to try and fly it as I would have to stay within 2 meters to be able to calibrate without it disconnecting (the red disconected on the app and the green light next to the relinking button would turn red) so without propellors I started up the motors and walked over 2 meters from the aircraft, as soon as I did I got the red disconected and the motors stopped.

I used to get frequent signal losses. I just did the update, I still get No Signal from time to time but now the I get the app disconnect issues. Happens on my iPhone 6 as well as an iPad mini 3.

Hoping this thread yields a solution.

I just dealt with relatively the same issue.
I replaced the USB cable and connection problem solved.
-I don't understand because the defective cable I replaced will still charge my phone when plugged into my charger and phone.
But the same cable will not connect rc to phone.
Also the USB cable was only 2 months old and used exclusively for the rc to phone

Last edited:
I had the same problem with a cable I found it still charged my phone (iphone6) only when it was plugged in a particular way and the same when used with the P3P.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31