Anywhere I can find P3p only, without remote?

Reaction score
Mine went for a swim. :(

Looking to see if anyone knows if there's a place that offers just the P3p only. Thanks.

You might be able to find a used P3P on eBay. Otherwise, it'll probably be cheaper to buy a new P3P and sell the remaining parts on eBay.

Reactions: RyanK
Thanks. I wonder what the quality of used ones are. I know they vary, but it worries me I'll get a crashed one.

The quality would of course vary. It would be best to buy new if quality is important.

Thanks. I'm more looking for proper functionality when I say "quality". Lord knows I'm rough on my other gear!

Last edited:
DJI only sells the aircraft body.

Actually, DJI , as well as most of their authorized sellers, do sell everything needed...but, as pointed out by others, it might be cheaper to just purchase a new P3, and sell off what remains of the old one (to partially recoup some of the loss. Another idea is to keep the old controller, as a backup, just in case the new controller has to be sent/taken in for repair.

True. You can buy all of the parts and build a new P3P. It won't save you money though.

True. You can buy all of the parts and build a new P3P. It won't save you money though.

Exactly my point. As the old saying goes, "The parts are worth more than the whole."
Although, where custom-building computers is concerned, this saying doesn't always hold to be true...especially when considering gaming desktops. As to DaveM, and his problem, I stick by the suggestion made by others - buy a new one, and either sell (to recover part of the cost) or keep (as a backup) the remaining good gear from the old one.

Thanks all. Decided to buy new and sell the controller on ebay. This is definitely going to eat into christmas, but it had to be done.

Thanks all. Decided to buy new and sell the controller on ebay. This is definitely going to eat into christmas, but it had to be done.

Instead of listing the controller on eBay, you should considering selling on craigslist (or list on both, as you can always remove from one if it sells from the other). As for "eating into Christmas", one never knows. In the end, you could find yourself, and your family, blessed when you least expect it.

Instead of listing the controller on eBay, you should considering selling on craigslist (or list on both, as you can always remove from one if it sells from the other). As for "eating into Christmas", one never knows. In the end, you could find yourself, and your family, blessed when you least expect it.

Thanks. :)

I do think it's a shame DJI doesn't want to sell BNF phantoms. It would be a big incentive to pick up a 2nd unit.

I do think it's a shame DJI doesn't want to sell BNF phantoms. It would be a big incentive to pick up a 2nd unit.

The only problem I see with that idea...and, honestly, it's a big one...is this. How many RC transmitters have you seen that have a USB port, HDMI port, & microUSB port? Since there's no way to add DJI's HDMI upgrade board to a non-DJI transmitter, any 3rd-party transmitter would have to already have all three (plus, even then, you'd be losing that fourth port, whatever DJI ends up using it for). Then there's the other buttons/switches to consider. While most 8-channel, & above, transmitters have switches, all the ones I've seen use 2-way switches, not 3-way. I agree that a BNF version would be a great idea, but, as far as I can see, you'd lose certain functions in doing so.

The only problem I see with that idea...and, honestly, it's a big one...is this. How many RC transmitters have you seen that have a USB port, HDMI port, & microUSB port? Since there's no way to add DJI's HDMI upgrade board to a non-DJI transmitter, any 3rd-party transmitter would have to already have all three (plus, even then, you'd be losing that fourth port, whatever DJI ends up using it for). Then there's the other buttons/switches to consider. While most 8-channel, & above, transmitters have switches, all the ones I've seen use 2-way switches, not 3-way. I agree that a BNF version would be a great idea, but, as far as I can see, you'd lose certain functions in doing so.

Yes, this would only be for people who have Phantom 3s and Inspires and want to pick up another Phantom 3 or Inspire.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic