Anyway to check no fly zone thru DJI App ahead of time?

Reaction score
I'm constantly finding that apps like Hover and others that show no fly zones don't match up exactly with what the DJI app once I get to the location. I don't want to trek all the way somewhere thinking I can fly and then ends up the DJI app says I'm in a no fly area.
Anyway to check a location ahead of time that will match exactly with the DJI App. I find areas near the boarder of no fly zones seem fine on like Hover app and then get there and the DJI app is like a one mile off and I am unable to fly.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Do you cache your maps before you go? Seems that you should see any NFZ on the map when you move to the area where you plan to fly.

So how do you do that? When I pull up the map in the app it doesn't show any of the NFZ.

Your original post stated that NFZ were showing up on the app! If they don't show up when you are caching, try connecting the RC and AC and powering them up then shift the map to your area of interest. Don't know why it should work that way, but perhaps the app doesn't show NFZs until you are actually ready to fly.

Showing up in other apps like Hover etc. but doesn't show in the dji app till you have it connected and are ready to fly. Just seems to be a pain you have to be near the phantom and have it on to check areas ahead of time.

So how do you do that? When I pull up the map in the app it doesn't show any of the NFZ.

Sorry, just tried it on my tablet (with nothing else connected). No controlled airspace is showing up. Not near any NFZ, but probably won't show either. Bummer, that would surely help with your problem.

DJI GEO System - Up-to-date Information On Where to Fly

Click on the link for the map.

The only locations that won't allow you to fly right now are prisons and within 1.5 miles of a large airport. You should probably know if you are at those locations. Other than that, you get a warning. If you have GEO turned on you may need to authorize flight at those locations but you can also turn GEO off at this time.

Showing up in other apps like Hover etc. but doesn't show in the dji app till you have it connected and are ready to fly. Just seems to be a pain you have to be near the phantom and have it on to check areas ahead of time.

were you able to confirm that they do show up if everything is connected? May be a pain, but certainly better than finding out in the field that you can't fly your planned mission.

DJI GEO System - Up-to-date Information On Where to Fly

Click on the link for the map.

The only locations that won't allow you to fly right now are prisons and within 1.5 miles of a large airport. You should probably know if you are at those locations. Other than that, you get a warning. If you have GEO turned on you may need to authorize flight at those locations but you can also turn GEO off at this time.
Their info actually states that their zones may not match up with other sources! In their 'yellow' and 'red' zones, flight would be prevented. Still doesn't answer how to get the app to show these zones before you go on location!

Their info actually states that their zones may not match up with other sources! In their 'yellow' and 'red' zones, flight would be prevented. Still doesn't answer how to get the app to show these zones before you go on location!

The link is to DJI's own map... the same information that the app uses. So you simply pull this map up on a web browser or phone and check this way.

I will also mention that I've flown within an airport boundary (about 200') of the outside 5 mile line and the app did not report I was in any NFZ. I do have GEO turned on.

You could also try the app "hover" it gives you weather, wind, drone news, map of local airports.... and sometimes even the number to call if you are within the five miles radius..... I live in Lansing mi..... it shows all of the local fields as well.... one of which isn't even in use anymore as it was just field for a crop duster.....

Sent from my SM-G935T using PhantomPilots mobile app

Didn't realize the DJI site had a look up there. That's exactly what I was looking for! I use Hover and that's the app I get conflicts with at time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers