Anything to be done on the noise from motors?

Reaction score
I have no reason to believe my P4P is more noisy than another. I think the props are as balanced as can be straight from factory, and it is very stable in the air. I have never seen it vibrate abnormally or felt it when hand catching.

But that noise is quite high. I often operate in areas where there's people around (with authorization) and anything that can be done would be a great improvement. It's intimidating... and steals focus.

I heard some time ago that if you sand paper away the small embossements for lack of a better word, on the prop such as the turn to lock and unlock symbol, it might improve the noise levels. Is this true?

Anything else that can be done?

I have no reason to believe my P4P is more noisy than another. I think the props are as balanced as can be straight from factory, and it is very stable in the air. I have never seen it vibrate abnormally or felt it when hand catching.
But that noise is quite high. ...
Anything else that can be done?
The noise comes mostly from the props rather than the motors.
If you had a slower revving system like a Mavic or an Inspire it will be quieter.
There's not much you can do to muffle a Phantom - the props have to turn as fast as they do for it to work.

Reactions: Dronefriend
I have noticed you can lightly push on a leg in hover and induce this type noise as the load changes on the props.
Normal.

I think the sound is pretty cool. Sounds like a beast! Embrace it bud. It's a powerhouse!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20