Anything else needed to set up?

Reaction score
I recently got a phantom 3 pro and although I have lots of experience with other drones, this is a whole different animal and I don't want to any sort of error due to improper set up on my first flight. I have done the following.
-charged batteries
-installed and set up dji go app
-imu calibration
-compass calibration.
-configured settings to taste.
-remote firmware update
-phantom firmware update.
-practiced in the simulator.

Is there anything I'm missing? I want to make sure I have everything set up and configured prior to flying.

If you did everything in that order, then you should do your calibrations again. They should be done after installing new firmware. Also double-check your DJI GO settings since firmware updates reset some of them.

Update all batteries?
RTH settings?
Beginner mode for first flight?
Start up with no propellers to test functions?

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Have a look at this tip link - Tips For New Phantom Owners | DJI Phantom Forum

Enjoy your new quad and fly safe!

Thanks everyone! I'm loving my phantom so far, and phantom pilots had tons of useful information! Thanks

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

Register your bird :)

If you did everything in that order, then you should do your calibrations again. They should be done after installing new firmware. Also double-check your DJI GO settings since firmware updates reset some of them.
When you said...calibrations...apart of Compass Calibration....what is the other one?...where can i find videos/info explaining that calibration?, thanks...

When you said...calibrations...apart of Compass Calibration....what is the other one?...where can i find videos/info explaining that calibration?, thanks...
There is the IMU, the RC and the gimbal.

If you search Youtube for P3 "xxxxxxxxxx" calibration, they are all there, including the DJI factory videos.

SD

See step #48 here.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj