Anyone using, or recommend a charging hub? P3P.

Reaction score
I have 2 batteries now and plan on picking up a couple more. Do the hubs work without destroying a battery or 3? Or am I better off just picking up another DJI charger setup?
Phantom 3 pro.
Opinions?

Last edited:
The only thing I would take into consideration is the charge amps being delivered using the parallel chargers, most manufactures do not recommend charging lipo's greater than a 1C amp IE: 4480 mah Phantom battery should be charged at no more than 4.48 amps. That being said many parallel chargers, especially the ones that say reduced charging times will charge a battery at greater than the 1C recommended. Again that being said, I usually charge my 14.8V 4S 1800 mah racing quad batteries at a 2C amp charging them at 3.6 amps with no ill effect, keep in mind they are not "Intelligent" so I don't know if charging a Phantom battery at greater than 1C will have an ill effect on the P3's battery life or circuitry.

The only thing I would take into consideration is the charge amps being delivered using the parallel chargers, most manufactures do not recommend charging lipo's greater than a 1C amp IE: 4480 mah Phantom battery should be charged at no more than 4.48 amps. That being said many parallel chargers, especially the ones that say reduced charging times will charge a battery at greater than the 1C recommended. Again that being said, I usually charge my 14.8V 4S 1800 mah racing quad batteries at a 2C amp charging them at 3.6 amps with no ill effect, keep in mind they are not "Intelligent" so I don't know if charging a Phantom battery at greater than 1C will have an ill effect on the P3's battery life or circuitry.
A valid concern re LiPO charging generally but of no relevance to DJI smart batteries. The charge board controls the charge rate, you could have 1000 amps available from the supply without a problem.

Thanks guys. I went with the Anbee 4 battery hub. Now I just need a couple more batteries. :)

For the P4 line I like the DJI hub, charging the batteries one by one. I'm rarely in a hurry to charge, I just want to plug them and I'll know they will all charge without having to constantly monitor and swap batteries, although I'm always around during the gang charge in case something were to go awry. The best part of the DJI hub is storage mode. I can my batteries down to 20%, come home and put them in the hub on storage mode for those times I know I'm not flying for a week. The hub brings them up to about 60% and shuts off. This prevents the batteries from damage from being stored too low, and it means when I'm ready to fully charge, they charge fairly quick, since they're half charged already. I value the storage mode way more than a quick charge in parallel, but that's me.

A valid concern re LiPO charging generally but of no relevance to DJI smart batteries. The charge board controls the charge rate, you could have 1000 amps available from the supply without a problem.

Thanks for the Info, now I gotta go get a parallel charger, no Chinese food tonight !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik